Sign in to follow this  

XR CLONE?

Does anyone know about a Chinese manufacturer that bought the rights to build an "XR-250R" and sell in the US? I had pictures of it on my old computer but they are lost - that computer died. The pix showed a great looking bike, disk brakes, upside down forks, 4 valve head with the exhaust combined into 1 pipe and muffler. The pix even showed a line of them on a dock getting ready to be shipped. It came with full knobbies which wasn't that common then. It looked great but I can't seem to find it on the net anywhere after searching a couple of times. This was about 3 years ago and I kept thinking I'll find it but I never did.

Has anyone seen this thing???

I gotta admit, the AJP bikes look cool, but it isn't the same one I had the pix of.

BTW, I didn't spend a lot of time Googling "AJP" but I didn't see a U.S. dealer, just U.K.

I thought I'd give my question a bump. I'm still trying to find this very cool bike that I remember was being sold at a very cool price too.

So, I'm still trying.

im not sure what bike you are talking about but it could be that its an actual XR assembled in china? I recently ordered 3 new xr125K´s to use as farm bikes here in uruguay, there was only 2 currently available in the country, both assembled in Brazil, but the honda dealer managed to track me down another ¨genuine¨one, the only difference being that it has Assembled in China stamped on the engine casing, got it a bit cheaper than the other two also and so far seems to be pretty robust, same good quality plastics etc

There's one truly amazing Chinese off road bike you might have seen in that pic and that's Shineray XY250GY.

It's not a copy of XR250 though but of Honda's NX250 called "the little Dominator". It's a full sized bike

with water cooled DOHC 4 valve engine, 26 hp (tunable to 32hp) and 6 speed transmision. Fully adjustable suspension front and rear, it comes with full lighting kit, mirrors, nice luggage rack and it's road legal for two people in Europe and Australia. Don't know about the States.

There are many videos on YouTube where people use this bike for motocross and enduro competitions on national level with great success. Even test riders from German magazine "Enduro" well known to be quality nazis testified this bike's true ability to deliver solid off road performance. Sounds too good? I wouldn't believe it myself if I didn't see it with my own eyes. Check it out for yourself. Google it and watch on YouTube.

And no I don't work for Shineray. I just want to lay my hands on one. They retail in Europe for less than 3000 euro (roughly 3000 dollar ) brand new. As cheap as they are I still have to save for one and for now be happy with Loncin's cheap copy of Honda's SL230 with pushrod engine. After rectifying some typical Chinese manufacturing blunders I'm having a blast round my local technical trails in tight woods. With smaller wheels, compact frame and only 75kg it's soooo much fun it should be forbidden :)

But now take a look at Shineray XY250GY-2 Enduro...

ShinerayXY250GY-2ENDURO.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj21/Clancy88/ShinerayXY250GY-2ENDURO.jpg

...supermoto...

http://www.stoewer-quad.de/WebRoot/Store7/Shops/61427058/4AC8/7F65/2213/1F2E/17FA/C0A8/2981/243B/buttonDSCF6419-003color.JPG

...motocross...

http://www.zingbikes.com/acatalog/XY250GYmxfull.png

...and the thing in action on enduro track in Sweden (they call it Defenda)...

Edited by jax140

Bump...I was wondering if anyone came across the bike I was mentioning...? The Shineray looks cool but that wasn't the one I saw....