Sign in to follow this  

2003 YZ 250 flywheel weight install?

I purchased a flywheel weight for my 03 yz 250. The guy i purchased it from did not know what brand it was since it was on the bike when he purchased it. My ? is are there any directions out there on how to install. it just has one bolt in the center and I was wondering how much to torque it down and do I use any loctite? Also is it good to use the tool that is screwed in where the spark plug goes to stop the engine from turning over? Thanks in advance for any help on this.

thanks for the reply, but i do'nt have access to an impact wrench, thats why i mentioned the tool to block the piston. Did you use any loctite on the bolt when you installed your flywheel weight?

no i did not and the weight was on there wen i got the bike and ive taken it off and the tool puts loots of stess on on your crank

u might be able to get it off if you have a friend hold the flywheel

no lock tite

Edited by 94cr rider

Just feed a small rope down the cylinder.

Take a pic of the flywheel and post it. Some require special requirements. The stealthy for instance doesnt use the old washer or nut. The fly wheel acts like the nut and requires a special torque.