Sign in to follow this  

Washington License Plate Success - any Two Strokes out there?

did the search...couldnt find anything on two smokes.

did find some folks going through Skagit PS etc have had luck plating etc

any one have luck (or tried) to plate a smoker here in Washington state with the "new" law?

Thanx!

HR

There is nothing in the new law (SB5800) or any other state law to prevent you from plating a smoker. You just need to have all of the safety equipment that is required.

Some guy rides his plated CR500 down my street nearly every morning at 6am. It irks a neighbor, so said neighbor thinking it was me, came over and told me she was going to call the cops the next time she catches me doing it.

I just re-plated my KE100 but then it was legal from the factory. My IT250 has a collector plate so no worries there (assuming they don't confiscate the plate some day).

So, no, haven't utilized provisions of the new law.

There is nothing in the new law (SB5800) or any other state law to prevent you from plating a smoker. You just need to have all of the safety equipment that is required.

Correct

Plated two strokes are happening.

If a dealership turns one away just because its a two stroke that would be interesting to hear about.

Correct

Plated two strokes are happening.

If a dealership turns one away just because its a two stroke that would be interesting to hear about.

internet rumor alert..... when renewing my tabs on my plated two stroke the guy basically said "yeah not if my bosses, bosses have anything to say about it" or soemthing along them lines.

I am sure there are busy little bees and lurkers in these forums pissed off about this bill trying to find loopholes to get us shut right back down.

Some guy rides his plated CR500 down my street nearly every morning at 6am. It irks a neighbor, so said neighbor thinking it was me, came over and told me she was going to call the cops the next time she catches me doing it.

Sounds like a challenge then! get a cr500 and properly license it and DO ride it up and down the street just to annoy her.

Joe

Must not be any Harley's on your street. I'd rather hear a CR 500 any day.. or hour, over one of them.

Sounds like a challenge then! get a cr500 and properly license it and DO ride it up and down the street just to annoy her.

Joe

We inspected a cr500 AF and a KTM 300 this week.. Why would anyone bring this up to a lic agent??? Just do it while you can...

Installing the needed hardware on my 2012 200 this weekend :bonk: This bill passing is the reason I went shopping at a WA state dealer, paying sales tax for my purchase and it will require dual license fees once completed. I have also spent over six hundred dollars at two local shops buying parts needed for the conversion. I sure hope they dont forget all the extra tax dollars this bill creates !

Yup

same spot eectech....

after getting back into MX with Vintage and how I grew up riding and racing...Ive fallen BACK in love with the smokers.

maintenance requirements

ease of maintenance (can get to everything and not FUSSING at the frame wrapped around the carb or something)

when you get the jetting dialed in on the TE, folks are getting 70 miles out of a tank - which is what the folks on the KTM500 EXC are getting, if lucky...

and

WEIGHT....

load and unload my CRF-270x off my trailer and push the girl around

then

the same on even my 81 YZ465....YIKES....

I need to plate to connect fire roads, pop into town on a long ride, get a snack or ?? and then back up into the hills.

some slab time, but not much, these folks in cages are NOT paying attention to driving, just to their DROID, IPHONE, Tweeting, FB, nav system etc...too dangerous to slab all the time....IMO.

Nice Berg 300 with a good set of lights, LED blinkers etc etc...could be a total HOOT of a ride

(then go find my other old bike, Yamaha RD200)...sigh...what a bike...the sound of those twin, 100cc two smoke engines firing and pulling away from a light.

ah...this old man digresses.

HR

Installing the needed hardware on my 2012 200 this weekend :bonk: This bill passing is the reason I went shopping at a WA state dealer, paying sales tax for my purchase and it will require dual license fees once completed. I have also spent over six hundred dollars at two local shops buying parts needed for the conversion. I sure hope they dont forget all the extra tax dollars this bill creates !

Yup

same spot eectech....

after getting back into MX with Vintage and how I grew up riding and racing...Ive fallen BACK in love with the smokers.

maintenance requirements

ease of maintenance (can get to everything and not FUSSING at the frame wrapped around the carb or something)

when you get the jetting dialed in on the TE, folks are getting 70 miles out of a tank - which is what the folks on the KTM500 EXC are getting, if lucky...

and

WEIGHT....

load and unload my CRF-270x off my trailer and push the girl around

then

the same on even my 81 YZ465....YIKES....

I need to plate to connect fire roads, pop into town on a long ride, get a snack or ?? and then back up into the hills.

some slab time, but not much, these folks in cages are NOT paying attention to driving, just to their DROID, IPHONE, Tweeting, FB, nav system etc...too dangerous to slab all the time....IMO.

Nice Berg 300 with a good set of lights, LED blinkers etc etc...could be a total HOOT of a ride

(then go find my other old bike, Yamaha RD200)...sigh...what a bike...the sound of those twin, 100cc two smoke engines firing and pulling away from a light.

ah...this old man digresses.

HR

Still working on my conversion but getting close, mirrors and tires are next :bonk:

https://lh3.googleus...40/S6301834.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2H4COwGmY-E/T0lWwQmt5VI/AAAAAAAAAIs/e5Ta-y4wRso/s640/S6301837.JPG

Edited by eectech

you have way too many orange bikes in your signature.... :lol:

BTW: That was too much damn food last night. My gut still hurts.. :lol:

I think she was trying to kill us :bonk:

Thursday I had the title to my 2011 XCW 300 in my hands, so off I go to the DOL office.

Imagine my (lack of) surprise when I was informed by the agent that the DOL system for the SB5800 conversion had crashed and that the DOL had no idea when it was going to come back up.

They did offer me a temp plate, I turned it down.

I called Tori Wilson of the DOL, she spewed a lot of crap, what I took away from our conversation was that she had no idea when it would be fixed other than "hopefully next week".

(In Jan I had tried to get my bike done, I did't hold a clear title, my bank screwed me over by not doing what I told them to do, send me an electronic title. Instead they requested a hard copy of the title from the WA DOL. That little screw-up took about 5 weeks. In the mean time I had paid my bike off, so I had a clear title).

willing to give a go, and do it by the numbers...

my "worry" and of course is always a possibility with Politics...

get the bike

go through the process

Pay the extra $$$ to do it right, do it legal IAW the RCW.

then...once the revenues slow down, some one on the "other side" blocks the RCW and we all get em pulled.

Not saying that anything that like has EVER happened in Olympia, but I guess if we get a couple of years of following the rules and having a legal plate it would be worth it right?

:bonk:

HR

then...once the revenues slow down, some one on the "other side" blocks the RCW and we all get em pulled.

Not enough revenue coming out of this to even get on the legislative radar.

If this gets repealed it wll be for other reasons.