Why disrespect fourstrokes on a thumper website?

It may be just me but, everyone really seems to talk down on fourstrokes here. I have both 4t and 2t and love them both in different respects. I maintain them both and have little or no problems with either of them. Most of my problems are self inflicted when messing with stuff that don't need to be messed with. Lol. Everyone can have their own opinion, but shouldn't we just say the information seeked and keep our own opinions to ourselves? Just saying.

• Like 1

to the o.p. well said and its amazing to read some of the thoughts behind what bike you ride....people on here will make you beleive that a person that rides a 2 stroke is a talented bad ass rider and a person who who rides a 4 stroke is a lazy old slow boring no talented rider....well people i own them both and i like them both for as different as they maybe but i am the same rider and the same person no matter which one i ride that day....i dont understand where people come up with their remarks and why people have problems with what bike someone else chooses to ride....its just downright ignorant...lol...jmo

Edited by bluedawg

LOL @ swede....amen.

But I agree, I don't know why people have to bash what they dont have or own. Most of the time its only because of what they DO have, or what they read, with no real personal experience whatsoever. I mean, imo...ride, i dont care if its a 1989 125 or a 2011 250f...its riding.

It's like this all over the place, uneducated opinions. I mean take for example, the "big 3 battles"...people argue over it, and the fact is 75% of the people who are bias to a brand, have owned like 1 of those brands, probably not even a new model, and go on what they hear or what something they "looked up to" said at one time. In the end, all the vehicles have pros n cons. I know, I was a "chevy" guy at one time...and I was one of those who did it because of people i knew...not because I had any real experience...i was young. Same goes with bikes.

Now, why people bash them on a THUMPER website i dunno....probably because they have a 2t, and read something that supported their bias.

Edited by J_WR2fitty

If I had to do it all over again, I would get rid of my 250 smoker and get another 450.

With that being said, If I had to do it all over again, I would keep my 250 smoker.

No matter what i ride, I'm just glad to be riding. I'll get another Thumper again, just wont be a close course bike. It'll be a bike with a plate. Seems thats where the future of our sport is going. Either way, I'm just glad to be riding.

• Like 1

just ask them what kind of bikes they'll be watching ride supercross on the weekend on live national tv

This is why. It's not just a matter of what type of bike you like to ride. It's that displacement rules eliminated one type from racing. If the 4stroke displacements had been set at 200 and 400cc it would be fair and you could choose whichever type of motor you like.

• Like 2

If I were King Of Thumper Talk, not only would there not be two strokes sections, people would be banned for the mere mention of those evil things. But, I’m not King of anything…..

Edited by Mike38
  • Like 2

Keep on telling yourself that while your changing oil, adjusting your valves...then paying for your grenaded engine...again.?

Just what do you think happens to that oil that disappears from your crank case between ridiculously frequent oil changes?

This is FUN! :bonk:

• Like 1

i consider myself to be an engine guy, im inside the motor all the time just for fun, if you think its a burden then you're better off with a 2 stroke and all of 3 moving internals, if you grenaded your four stroke then you werent paying attention to maintenance or you ride like justin barcia (he rides professional motocross you 2 smoke guys wouldnt be into that) but anyhow, i like my engines to have some....well....parts inside

• Like 1