Sign in to follow this  

Inexpensive rear brake rotor?

I have a spare set of wheels for my XR650L. The front wheel came with the brake rotor but the rear wheel didn't have either a sprocket or brake rotor. I've already purchased the sprocket I want to use on that wheel, which has more teeth than stock and I'm trying to figure out if there is a reasonably priced rear brake rotor available that I could permanently attach to that wheel so that I don't have to remove it from my other rear wheel when swapping wheels and tires.

I've seen on eBay that there are a few down around $60 or so with better quality ones in the $80-120 range. I can also see that some ads claim it's the came one used on the CBR600 and a few other bikes. After leaving eBay and going back, it "remembered" what I had searched for last and showed me several in the $40-50 range.

I welcome any suggestions from any of you who have purchased aftermarket rear brake rotors or know where the good deals are on them. Also please warn me of any to avoid.

Thanks for any help on this.

Edited by ScottRNelson

I have a spare set of wheels for my XR650L. The front wheel came with the brake rotor but the rear wheel didn't have either a sprocket or brake rotor. I've already purchased the sprocket I want to use on that wheel, which has more teeth than stock and I'm trying to figure out if there is a reasonably priced rear brake rotor available that I could permanently attach to that wheel so that I don't have to remove it from my other rear wheel when swapping wheels and tires.

I've seen on eBay that there are a few down around $60 or so with better quality ones in the $80-120 range. I can also see that some ads claim it's the came one used on the CBR600 and a few other bikes. After leaving eBay and going back, it "remembered" what I had searched for last and showed me several in the $40-50 range.

I welcome any suggestions from any of you who have purchased aftermarket rear brake rotors or know where the good deals are on them. Also please warn me of any to avoid.

Thanks for any help on this.

The CBR600 is the same for sure,,you should be ale to pick up a used one for about 30 bucks used,,,,,,don`t get a cheapy new one,,,most will rust,,good aftermarket are stainless.........

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/REAR-BRAKE-ROTOR-CBR600RR-CBR-600RR-600-CBR600-HONDA-09-K-/170726573516?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c018c5cc

B

Edited by brianhare

I checked Craigslist and looked for a Honda rear rotor rather than an XR650L rear rotor and it was easy to find one for a CBR600 for $30.00. So I now have the sprocket and the rotor that I needed and only need the bolts. Genuine Honda bolts to hold those two things on cost more than what they're holding on! Nearly $100 for six bolts, nuts, and washers to hold the sprocket in place plus the other four bolts for the brake rotor. But I don't really want to go cheap on parts like that.

Anyway, once those come in at the local moto parts place, I'll be ready to swap wheels and tires in just a few minutes. I'm guessing that I ought to be able to change wheels in under 20 minutes. I'm going to time it the first time just out of curiousity.

bolts/nuts are available aftermarket in a set Scott...just be carefull that the seller actually sells you XRL instead of XRR.......seems sellers don`t seem to know the diff on alot of these parts :bonk:

B

bolts/nuts are available aftermarket in a set Scott...just be carefull that the seller actually sells you XRL instead of XRR.......seems sellers don`t seem to know the diff on alot of these parts :bonk:

Thanks, but too late. I already paid for everything.