Sign in to follow this  

A week till 1st race and the Bug hit me

Next Sunday(March 4th) is the opening day for a new year of racing. I spent the past 3 months training for the first race. However I have all ways worked out with weights but the last 3 months I threw in lots of cardio on the days I didn't weight train.

Here's the deal...... Day before yesterday I caught a bug that gave me a sore throat so off to the Doc I went. Give me a 10 Day supply of anti-bodies to take so I started them yesterday and today the sore throat is gone but now is all the congestion,coughing and fever off and on.

Anyways......will all the training I did the last three months be tossed out the window or will some of it benifit me at the 1st race. I wont be able to do anything this weekend or all next week but to try and get better and get my strength back up.........man I feel so week right now.......

I weigh 175lbs and I was doing 55lb dumbell chest press= 1st set 20 times resting 90 sec's between sets and doing 10 sets of 10. This was my routine with other exercises. Cardio consisted of Kettle worx's kettle bells,

running,climbing hills.

Drink a lot of green tea if you can. It is high in antioxidants and helps get all the bad stuff out of you. I drink it when I get sick and I generally have shorter periods of being sick compared to others.

As for your fitness. It should still be present. It wont all go out the window. You will still see some benefit from it. It's like working up to 100 pushups, if you take a week off, you will still be able to get relatively close to 100 pushups compared to if you hadn't been to that level of fitness to begin with. Hopefully this analogy makes sense.

Echinacea 1] is a genus of herbaceous flowering plants in the daisy family, Asteraceae. The nine species it contains are commonly called purple coneflowers.

If your not allergic to purple cone flowers try 3 or 4 of these 3x a day. I know it sounds crazy, my mother in law suggested it to me and it works!!!! It can be found in any market or drugstore with the vitamins. As soon as you feel a tickle in the throat, tightness in the chest or a sneeze grab a handful for a week. I know you'll be thanking me, so your welcome in advance.

Edited by OTHG_DAVE_925

MY dads been doing this for years since I was about 3. Has helped me out in a matter of days. Almost cleared me up overnight too.

**Do this right before you go to bed**

1.Boil your kettle and get a decent sized glass, put a teaspoon in the glass so as not to shatter the glass when you pour the hot water in. Put the water in and then get a bottle of whisky or Poítin and pour a measure in.

2.Stir it to mix and add some sugar to sweeten the taste to your liking.

3. Go to bed with thermals on or trackbottoms, something that keeps your warm. Down the drink no matter the taste and go to sleep. The drink will sweat the fever out of you. Works for colds, flus, etc. Repeat this each night till you clear up.