Sign in to follow this  

Supercross MPH

How fast are the top guys going in the fastest sections of the tracks? I've been to 10 or 11 supercrosses over the years,the first being back when McGrath was riding the Peak/Splitfire 125,and I've never really been able to decide just how many MPH they are going out there. Anyone know for sure?

Sweet vid. The fact that I bought tickets for the Vegas SX a few days ago makes it even sweeter. It would still be nice to put a gun on them to know exactly how fast they are going. I've only been to SX in Seattle and have never seen such a long straight on a track here.

vegas is awesome! i go every year since i live about 50 minutes from sam boyd. Let me tell you go early to watch practice/qualifying all that good stuff. The pits are pretty cool too but its a lot cooler watching qualifing

depends on the track watch at 1:43 and theyre going pretty fast

Thats gotta be 55+ from that point in the video.

Well about snow cross.. in the xgames to hit those freestyle jumps.. i dont know what size there going about 30-32 mph it said. Thats not to fast at all really.

typical SX track praly 40-50 mph

50 mph is like 5th gear on those bikes lol. If you can get to 5th gear on a supercross track then you are god

the track I ride at most often is just over 1 mile and the absolute fastest lap time that has been ridden there was 1:58 and thats an outdoor motocross track with big sweepers. and not many tight turns and no tight whoops. If you do the math he averages about 30 mph and there are no straight aways on the track

Nobody who knows anything about racing thinks that these guys are going above 40 almost ever. The terrain will not allow it

Ive gone up to 40mph on the straightaways at the local mx track on my dual sport (while being passed lol)

probably an older style mx track. but we are talking about supercross. not a huge open track

It depends on the track. The pro bikes are purpose built for every single different track, including gearing.

The good tracks make you shift. The boring tracks can be ridden in third gear all the way around.

WFO on the fastest SX tracks is about 50. A tight track is about 40 max.

Thats why I love outdoor MX tracks. You're definately going more than 50 riding a 250 at the top of 5th gear.