Sign in to follow this  

Thread Flywheel Puller

Hey guys,

what size is the thread of the flywheel to pull it?

I ordered a puller for Engine Code PE06, its size is M30x1,25 (is it different in the US?).

But the outer diameter of the thread of the flywheel is just about 28mm... its a 05.

What (metric) sizes do your flywheels have?

Thx,

I just purchased a flywheel puller 28mm*1.0 right hand thread from a reputable tool store. The puller wont thread on more than half a turn before it binds. I'm in Australia, but it seems like this puller isn't the right one. I took it back and got the other one he had but it was exactly the same with the same problem.

Any thoughts?

I have some thoughts. Brace the conrod so it doesn't turn and do the puller up nice and tight!. It worked after looking at it closely and making sure the threads weren't stuffed. Was a firm shifter on the puller to get it to nut up but it got there in the end. THen a rattle gun on the other nut and she popped right off

You need to inspect the end of your crank if the puller you used did not include the protector for the crank. The proper puller includes the protector and without it the oil passage in the end of the crank becomes damaged by the forcing screw of the puller.

• Like 1