Sign in to follow this  

PLEASE READ: Faulty fuel petcock fix

I recently ran into the problem of the leaking petcock problem on my 03' klx 400 SR shortly after buying it. So i did a search on the forum for cheap good quality replacements. I came across the thread about an Ebay seller named BrownFamilyRacing. I know there were some words passed back and forth due to misleading comments and whatnot between him and some members. Well i went ahead and decided to try out the " newer " downward style fuel petcock recommended to him by the forum members. I had an issue with the petcock once installed which when turned to the OFF position, it was not fully shutting off the fuel from the tank. I advised him of the problem i was having with the part and he offered for me to remove the part, mail it back to him and he would replace it and also pay for the return shipping! This was great other than the fact that without a petcock on there my bike would be at a standstill for about a week or two due to shipping the part out and waiting for it to return. Having a few nice riding days coming up i was kinda bummed out!! Long story short, He worked with me and mailed the replacement petcock First so I could still take advantage of the days ahead of riding! I wouldn't expect him to do this for anyone else but i mentioned that I was from the Thumpertalk forum and he went out on arm to help me out!! I don't think any other Ebay seller who would offer to do something like this not really knowing the person on the other end. Additionally, the new petcock is on the bike and is fully functioning and shutting off properly. In other words i wouldn't be hesitant to order from him in the future. He's definitely a good guy!! Thank you for reading. Kevin

i ended up with the same style one i purchased from him originally "downward style nipple " but he sent me a new one because of it not working properly. Now its working fine and running good!!