Sign in to follow this  

Matrix Concepts Stand and Utility Can

I need a stand for my yz250 (2009) and a can for premix. I'm looking at the Matrix M2 worx stand and the M3 utility can.

The stand looks sturdy and has a drain hole and removable tray + it is designed to hold the M3 can. I also like the Yamaha aluminum stand, but there is no oil drain hole in the stand (anyone know of a similar heavy duty aluminum stand with a drain hole - does the drain hole even matter, especially with the skid plate?).

The matching M3 utility can seems like a nice can. I like the separate filler/pour holes and the handle location on the side and bottom. Seems to be a nice shape and I like the ability to load it into the stand for travel is nice especially since the can and stand will be riding inside my element with the bike on a trailer behind it so I really don't want to worry about it falling over and spilling. I have heard about issues with the spout and the plastic so I am a bit concerned about that.

I'm a total newbie to the world of dirt bikes so all help is appreciated.

thanks,

Monti

I have the utility can, it works awesome. Only holds a maximum off 15l of fuel though. I have had no issues with the spout or anything. The 1 thing that I did find annoying is when it's empty, if you tip it too far, fuel can run out the top of the fill spout.

As for the stands, I don't own one but the shop I ride for puts bikes on and off them all the time, no issues that I know off to date. We also deal with a graphics company and have custom decals that were made up which is kinda cool.

The orange stand and gas can have the custom decals made up for them.

f44641dc.jpg

Edited by Pumpkin450sxf

I was also looking at the ogio stand. Seems like a really well thought out design. Does it work as well as advertised?

Pumpkin - is it possible to pour the gas without it spilling? or does it always drip when trying to pour that last bit of gas?

Any other stands or cans I should be looking at?

I was also looking at the ogio stand. Seems like a really well thought out design. Does it work as well as advertised?

Pumpkin - is it possible to pour the gas without it spilling? or does it always drip when trying to pour that last bit of gas?

Any other stands or cans I should be looking at?

Yes, the gas won't spill out when pouring but I try to get every drop out so I always end up tipping it just a little further then need be and a few drops pour out the top.

As for other cans, for racing I run a tuff jug. It has a quick fill setup on it, fills the bike in about 5 seconds. It's awesome! It doesn't work on KTMs unless you have a riser on the tank. This is due to the backbone of the frame, the stock KTM tanks sit lower and deeper on the backbone of the frame.

I really like my ogio stand and it's slicker than advertized! My kawi 450f isn't light and it's easier on the back to push it on then move into place. you can set it so the back tire is on the ground,or front tire,or set it so niether is touching the ground.I researched alot and my local kawi dealer gave me a smokin' deal on the stand and the ogio step up ramp so i couldn;t go wrong,and i'm happy with it! I Also like the matrix oil change contsainer,i'm going to buy the gas jug and that next payday :bonk:

My Matrix M2 stand broke where one of the corners touches the ground while working on my KDX. It just shattered like brittle plastic will do if over stressed. I was skeptical when I got the stand as a gift due to it being plastic. IMO don't waste your money, it's not like they are inexpensive, just cheap.

• Like 1