Sign in to follow this  

Getting Supermoto rims- Do i need to change things.

I have the standard wheels on my 2010 crf 450 x and i just won these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250992255171?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648#ht_681wt_956

140/70-17 M/C 66H

110/70-17 M/C 54H14 Rims

I am using 100% road and i dont like to wheelie and the power on the honda is perfect now, but i think when putting on these new wheels the acceleration will be more brutal and it might wheelie too easily? Should I change the teeth on the sprockets? they need replacing anyway so if i changed the size would it help, i dont want no acceleration and all top speed i just want it similar to what it is now. Also will it just be as easy as getting new bearings and putting them on, will they need balancing or realigning? im only gong 40mph average

Thanks

You'll need to make sure they are trued first off. They don't need to be balanced.

The front wheel looks like an R hub. I don't see the drive for the odometer. If that is the case, you'll need an R axle and R wheel spacers.

As far as gearing is concerned, I like 15/45 on my 450X with SM wheels. The diameter of SM tires is less than dirt tires which will require "gearing up" in order to reach equal speeds.

Thanks, i might gear it up then, is there a way to get the speedo reader fitted to the new rims?