Sign in to follow this  

My 450X "adventure/dual-sport" project. What am I missing?

Im looking for some ideas for building the perfect adventure bike. Im doing mostly trail riding and enduro trips in the mountains.

What Ive got so far: 2005 CRF450X VA plated/inspected, Acerbis 4.75 tank, Seats Concepts wide seat, tusk wide pegs, aluminum skid plate powder coated black, MSR bars/bark busters, custom aluminum dash plate with Trail Tech Vapor, black fork guards, airbox opened, jetted, and FMF pipe.

On the way are: black radiator guards, rack for light gear, fender bag, and black wheels.

What "adventure" type mods am I missing for over night mountain trips? Im thinking of a 14T for trips that dont include tight single track.

Also, Im running the AMSoil 20-50 and Honda HP tranny oil. Based on recommendations from you guys Im running a full quart on tranny side.

9VWwHl.jpg

GFQOSl.jpg

Gdx6Wl.jpg

• Like 1

beware of the rear brake lever making a hole in the clutch cover if you fall , i have the Hinson cover that is nice and strong .

the scotts damper works very well , i removed the oem unit

i fitted a wiseco 3 ring piston that cures the oil use issues , with 03 450R cam for a meaty mid range .

grease ALL the bearings for smoother operation

i trail ride like you , a GPS unit is recommended

DSCF7556.jpg

DSCF7557.jpg

DSCF7564.jpg

Disc guards, saddlebags (Look at wolf Bags), GPS mount, spare tube bags (Wolf stuff again), tailrack and toolbox/bag.

Add a back/hydration pack, cellphone, get a batt tender extension with a cig lighter plug-in (to charge the cell phone).

You're going to need lightweight tent, stove, tarp, break-down chair, Sigg bottles, friends and firewood. :bonk:

You may want to get an adaptable, versitile, slideup-down lexan solution for a windshield.

Add-in a friend and an XD Arai, good weather, and you're off !

Edited by X-Racer

My 450x rally bike

saf1.jpg

sa2.jpg

sa3.jpg

Nice bikes to all. Thats what I think is cool about the 450X. It's like a clean slate, you can go so many ways with.