Sign in to follow this  

Husqvarna Oil Particles HELP

Hi, today I changed the oil and notices that in the drain plugh there where very tiny particles on the magnet wich to me is normal but what i think is not normal there were a few flakes of aluminum in the magnet as well. Another thing is I checked the two metal filters and i found around 3 small flaked as well in the outer part of the small filter, there was allso a red thing loooks like paint but ive read its normal.

My question is is it normal to find some small flakes in the filters and drain plug? The engine has exactly 222:15 hours run time... Thanks

Hi, today I changed the oil and notices that in the drain plugh there where very tiny particles on the magnet wich to me is normal but what i think is not normal there were a few flakes of aluminum in the magnet as well. Another thing is I checked the two metal filters and i found around 3 small flaked as well in the outer part of the small filter, there was allso a red thing loooks like paint but ive read its normal.

My question is is it normal to find some small flakes in the filters and drain plug? The engine has exactly 222:15 hours run time... Thanks

Not sure you would see aluminum on the drain plug as aluminum is not magnetic. However on my 610 I do see a small amount of particles on the basket filter. Very minimal and I think normal.

Hello , you don't give details of the bike..!!,

the red particles are instant-gasket crumbs from the factory assembly - will keep coming out for years..!!

small flakes are probably from gears meshing,

look at the OLD threads about swarf / debris , good instructional Photo's in there,

a lot of them REKLUSE - related,

Charlie

The aluminum looking material could be from your clutch hub as well.

The aluminum looking material could be from your clutch hub as well.

yes - that's why I said REKLUSE,

there were LOTS of people having swarf/debris concerns when they went to Auto-clutches in the 2006/7 period,

luckily the bikes A1 filtering system will save the day,

Charlie