Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Malcom Grow UP

Malcom Grow up there is no need to be throwing your hissy fits . That is a piss poor show of sportsmanship . If i was you sponcers i would yank your sponcership . Nice way of saying thank you by throwing your gear on the ground . Your head is getting a little to big for your britches this year .

Shut the &%$#@! up ...

If you showed up to a race and had to pull start your bike before your heat..

And then not be able to start it at the &%$#@!ing gate....you would be pissed to.

Idiot.

Exactly!!

So much for electric start being the cat's meow.

Haha racing is his life, what a stupid thread. Amazes me time after time how posts like this pop up because a rider gets emotional. Malcom was trying to do his part, its the rest of the teams responsibility to make sure everything is working for him. I don't blame him in the slightest.

Man I felt bad for Malcolm. After getting up from that bad crash and making it to the LCQ, he had to deal with a no-starting bike. Yes, he could have been more professional about it but he's a young kid that had a lot of adrenaline & emotion pumping so I can see why he threw a fit. Better luck to ya next week MS.

• Like 2

I can fully understand being upset . But there is no need to start throwing your stuff on the ground and stomping off . Last year Dungey had alot more on the line and they could not even get his bike to the starting gate Sure he was pissed but he didnt throw his gear on the ground . Malcom should be more pissed at himself for his mental laps in his heat race.

Malcom could have shown some class like Dungey has (no gas, no bike at the line), what you do is throw your hands up, shake your head, etc. This is "professional" mannerisms and makes a difference. Meanwhile, while the OP is right, it wasn't that bad, but, big bummer the bike was toast; wanted to see MS qualify. Outside of all this- whoa.... wondered if MS was going to get up, he drilled that whoop head first. I thought- only if he's got the elasticity of his brother might this not be a big deal, but, it took 3-4 laps for MS to even get off the track- was kinda spooky, hope the dude was alright, looks like he was.

No crybaby chit MS, grow up. Things happen. Show more class next time. Np. Good luck dude.

Didnt on the Moto inside the outdoors Dungey say that he had unstrapped his helmet to hit it on the guard rail next to him but his mom stopped him? I would have been pissed too, on a amatuer level i can see this happening, but once your a pro you got to stop with this crap because lots of people are watching

Last week the Depends wearing fans of supercross all wanted Bogle drawn and quartered for knocking a cricket off mini-stewie's helmet. This week the incontinent among us seem to wish it was Martha Stewart riding the KTM rather than Malcolm.

• Like 4

Yep....God forbid that any of these "professional" riders show anything closely related to real human emotion.

I tune in each week to watch them run the race without block passing or any aggressive moves, then make it to the podium so they can robotically mumble off the name of each and every sponsor they have.

Really now

I WANT these guys to be just like the rest of us. If your mad as hell, go ahead and SHOW it!

• Like 2

I think what he did was no big deal, I would bet plenty of people threw fits worse than that tonight at home watching, probably in front of their kids when their favorite rider did not win!!

Human emotion is normal, had he punched his mechanic that would be a different story.

• Like 1

Completely disagree, this sport doesn't need robots that don't care about how they race or where they finish. What did you want him to do, walk over to Erin Bates and calmly say "Gosh darnett, my bike won't start. But I'm ok with that, because I love seeing my competitors compete while I sit on the sidelines." So what he showed some emotion and threw his goggles on the ground, atleast it shows he cares about what he does.

Why don't we all start bitching at Reed while we are it for being a whiny bitch for kicking the tough block after he crashed and threw away his season? Ridiculous. Emotion comes along with doing something that you love to do

Edited by Zappa

Malcom could have shown some class like Dungey has (no gas, no bike at the line), what you do is throw your hands up, shake your head, etc. This is "professional" mannerisms and makes a difference. Meanwhile, while the OP is right, it wasn't that bad, but, big bummer the bike was toast; wanted to see MS qualify. Outside of all this- whoa.... wondered if MS was going to get up, he drilled that whoop head first. I thought- only if he's got the elasticity of his brother might this not be a big deal, but, it took 3-4 laps for MS to even get off the track- was kinda spooky, hope the dude was alright, looks like he was.

No crybaby chit MS, grow up. Things happen. Show more class next time. Np. Good luck dude.

Dude - Dungey was irate when his bike wouldn't start. Did you not see him flinging his arms in the air and screaming at his mom? Give me a break. He was furious and for good reason. Mechanical failures are simply unacceptable. SPEED showed that clip of Malcom throwing a fit immediately after the LCQ giving the impression he was being a poor sport. He was pissed his bike wouldn't start. He absolutely has every right to throw a fit if his equipment doesn't work.

That's not even the most dramatic footage. There was a close up of Dungey at the gate and it looked like he was almost crying. That video gives me chills every time I watch it. I love the emotion. I wish I had something to be that passionate about.

Poor choice starting this thread. Even the cesspool of retards on VitalMX didn't bother to mention this.

Edited by Justin Hambleton
  • Like 1

Completely disagree, this sport doesn't need robots that don't care about how they race or where they finish. What did you want him to do, walk over to Erin Bates and calmly say "Gosh darnett, my bike won't start. But I'm ok with that, because I love seeing my competitors compete while I sit on the sidelines." So what he showed some emotion and threw his goggles on the ground, atleast it shows he cares about what he does.

Why don't we all start bitching at Reed while we are it for being a whiny bitch for kicking the tough block after he crashed and threw away his season? Ridiculous. Emotion comes along with doing something that you love to do

Well said. I don't even like MS but I don't fault him one bit for being pissed and doing what he did. He is human just like anyone else. Also, this whole BS about being "professional" really annoys the hell out of me. This is freakin SX/MX and not some employee-of-the-month competition. If MS's display of frustration somehow offends you then maybe you should be watching something else!

• Like 1

Dude - Dungey was irate when his bike wouldn't start. Did you not see him flinging his arms in the air and screaming at his mom? Give me a break. He was furious and for good reason. Mechanical failures are simply unacceptable. SPEED showed that clip of Malcom throwing a fit immediately after the LCQ giving the impression he was being a poor sport. He was pissed his bike wouldn't start. He absolutely has every right to throw a fit if his equipment doesn't work.

That's not even the most dramatic footage. There was a close up of Dungey at the gate and it looked like he was almost crying. That video gives me chills every time I watch it. I love the emotion. I wish I had something to be that passionate about.

Poor choice starting this thread.

r.dungey_11_southwick_jl_1834.jpg

• Like 1

r.dungey_11_southwick_jl_1834.jpg

Good find!

Well, we can put this stupid thread to rest now. Go hide in your holes ignoramuses.

Edited by Justin Hambleton

After watching Malcom in Bubba's World I really wondered how serious he'd be as a pro racer but I'm really liking his fire and passion, and that he got up after the crash in the heat, gave a decent interview during the walk back and said "I'm okay". Was throwing his goggles the smartest move? Maybe not so much but he's probably learning a ton now as a new contender and I'd bet Big James will give him some coaching on this episode. Hey...at least he didn't slap his mechanic up side the head. Give him a chance.

I'm surprised KTM doesn't put a kick start in the motor as a backup. The Yami WR I sold had both kick and an easy button.

Edited by SpiderG
  • Like 1

Hey...at least he didn't slap his mechanic up side the head. Give him a chance.

I

Good thing Bogle's bike started!

Malcom Grow up there is no need to be throwing your hissy fits . That is a piss poor show of sportsmanship . If i was you sponcers i would yank your sponcership . Nice way of saying thank you by throwing your gear on the ground . Your head is getting a little to big for your britches this year .

Who is this thread directed to? I'm most certian Malcom will never read this.