Sign in to follow this  

fmf spark arrestor in 750 can?

my gsxr can is off a 750. i said heck with waiting on the 1000 when i could get this one for 30 bucks. just got my sa in and it dont fit. the pipe is the same size as the arrestor so it wont slip in. also the 2 inch diameter looks identical in the pictures of the 1000 can. but mine looks like it would fit in there loose if i could slip it in. anyone put the SA on the 600 or 750 can?

also i had my carb jetted for my supertrapp. i put the gsxr can on and ground the header weld. it seems like it might be lagging a touch on throttle response. when i do a power wheelie in first and come out of it in higher rpm it has a heck of a backfire. do i need to go up another main jet size?

sorry for bugging you guys "rob" but my brain is numb from reading up on my 2 seperate problems!

No problem i just dermeled the weld off the screw,slit the pipe some,slid the S/A in and sandwhiched the S/A .Pipe- S/A - cover,very easy.

SANY0211.jpgSANY0235-1-1.jpg

You can also slit the sides of the smaller 600/750 outlet so it can be opened up slightly to allow the SA to slide in. Probably not a big difference in jetting between the two systems. Make sure you have all of the possible places for air leaks into your exhaust system sealed up..... from the head flange to the four bolt GSXR muffler flange. The sleeve gasket on the head pipe/mid-pipe joint is a prime place for air to get sucked into the system. Decel popping is normal lean condition that happens on high vacuum deceleration. It will be greatly exaggerated if your exhaust system is leaking.....