Sign in to follow this  

Case Gaskets

I have a 2007 KX450f that I recently had rebuilt bottom and top. I have done the appropriate break in and cycling of the motor. Previous to the rebuild I replaced all the bearings and seals on the inner clutch cover and water pump. Now after the rebuild, I have had a really hard time getting a good seal with the inner clutch cover gasket. When I put all the covers and gaskets back on after the rebuild we did not replace the inner clutch cover gasket, clutch gasket or the water pump gasket thinking that they would be ok. I am now having a problem keeping my oil from mixing with the coolant. Are these gaskets a one use type of gasket and then replace? Have people reused these gaskets? I have reused these gaskets previously but did have a hard time with this before. I was hoping to get another use out of these but now I am thinking that they only allow a one crush use. I did pull the trigger on some new gaskets just to be sure today but hoping to get any thoughts and experiences with these gaskets on thumpertalk? Thanks

Edited by mdemello43

Check little cir-clip on water pump shaft, sounds like it popped off and slid forward on seals, impeller will be leaving marks on housing. More than likely did it when installing inner housing cover.

Check little cir-clip on water pump shaft, sounds like it popped off and slid forward on seals, impeller will be leaving marks on housing. More than likely did it when installing inner housing cover.

Thanks. I will go make sure that the circlip is still in place. Any reason why the circlip would move or pop off the shaft? I know that the shaft has a little groove for the circlip to seat. Thanks any others out there with ideas.

Yeah anytime I rebuild…well even just open up the motor I replace the gaskets that Im messing with. Its fairly cheep. I just got a WHOLE top and bottom kit from ebay for $43 free shipping.