Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400 fcr carb upgrade?

Hi looking for some advice. I have already a fcr 39 carb i got from a buddy that needed cash I have a 400s that I converted to a supermoto but need a carb but in the install i found this is off a 2001 400 e by the way it has a bunch of extra places for vents and things but it came with none so can some one tell me if this is a waist of my time and I should buy a carb with out all the extra stuff or how to hook it up????? please............... also do I just leave the tps un hooked I have read to do so but it could just plug it to the one I am unhooking.....what a mess please some one steer me in the right direction..

If you have a carb from a 400 E, no problem. Just buy the E parts needed to install the carb. Throttle cables, and the rubber connectors to the motor and the air cleaner.

Vents and hoses are no problem. You are probably telling me that he coast enrichener has been removed. Just run a hose between the 2 nipples on the left side of the carb. Drain hose off the bottom. 4 vent hoses go to the upper nipples. If in doubt, just take a look at a DRZ400E. Post all the jet sizes to make sure you have the correct settings. You can just plug in the TPS. Need to verify the pilot air jet sizes - 90 in the side nipple? and 60 left side of the carb air entry? Pilot fuel Jet 45?

Ok I got that but what about the nipple off of the the housing on the spot by the rod going into the diaphram on the bowl? and I am not talking about drain nipple on bottom. as for jets I have i think a 150, 155, 162.5 main jets, I think it has a 45 pilot and am not sure about the rest but I can look later today I live at 1800 ft if any suggestions where to start??? also I have a fmf powerbomb with a Q4. and K&N

oh also will this perform as well as the other 39 fcr carbs with out all the extra crap like tps and and coast?????

Oh yea, there is another vent/drain from the accelerator pump. Yes it will preform the same with or without the TPS, with or without the coast enrichener (CE). I would start with the 155 main jet

OK finaly had time to start working on the bike again.. :bonk: started putting vents in the carb but have 2 places I think they may be vents but not sure. There is one on the botom faceing forword on the CE and one in the middle facing back. Also am I just better off removing the CE? Also I have read a few places about removing the pilot air jet? what about that?