New Tech 10's hurting my foot...

No never. Tech 10's fit me perfect from the second I put them on. Did you try them on before purchasing or did you purchase online. Are the boots you bought big enough? Quite a lot of guys who buy tech 10's for the first time find that they need to go up a size from the boots they were wearing previous. Tech 10's definitely get a much better feel once broken in, but the fit remains the same.

Contrary to what has been posted Tech 10s for me are always tighter than a biatch to put on when they are either new or having been sitting all winter. I just got another pair last week from the TT-store and they are no-different. Tight at first but walk around a lot after a few hours you don't even know they are on. I have walked ( because my engine blew-up) 10kms (6-miles-ish) with brand new tech 10s on pushing my bike, the day after they seemed unwearable they were so damn tight.

Boots are very personal thing. I have very skinny, boney ankles. I have a pair of tech 6s that I love so I bought a pair of tech 10's. I had the 10s for 2 or 3 years and they killed my ankles the whole time never broke it. I took the torsion bars completely off the bootie and that made them tolerable but never pain free. I sold them and bought a pair of Gaerne SG12s. They hurt my ankles for 2-3 rides and finally broke in.

Boots are very personal thing. I have very skinny, boney ankles. I have a pair of tech 6s that I love so I bought a pair of tech 10's. I had the 10s for 2 or 3 years and they killed my ankles the whole time never broke it. I took the torsion bars completely off the bootie and that made them tolerable but never pain free. I sold them and bought a pair of Gaerne SG12s. They hurt my ankles for 2-3 rides and finally broke in.

I had a very similar experience with tech 10's. I used to wear tech 6's, tried SIDI's, not for me. bought a pair of tens could not stand the ankle support in the bootie sold them on e bay and got a pair of tech 8's and I feel that they are way better. I am pretty picky about boots and shoes in general.