Frostbite/Whiteknuckle March 24th/25th

My boy Tyler spoke with him last night. He is pretty banged up but is going to be ok. May get released today. Not going to be to specific as I dont know if he wants that. He has been racing for some time, Open A this year. Didnt see the drop off untill the guy in front of him disappeared down it, he went all the way to the bottom hit hard. Thank goodness he will be OK, Great Kid..Young man.

was it the hard left coming up the little rise near the beginning? that one normally sees a few folks blowing the corner. going real fast i could see it causing some real mayhem. hope he's ok.

No It was the Drop off about 1/4 mile after that. just as you go down to the easy mud crossing. Well easy for some.

Did he shoot off, or cross rut on top...(I dern near did that and high sided)

I ran sportsman and came upon that in the pack chasing after that Justin Ruth guy.

Edited by Slackkinhard

There was a bush/tree as ya came into the section that the trail led around to the left. Then the drop came up pretty quick. I was in a pack of 3-4 guys that locked up our brakes and slid over the top almost as one. As ya approached the lip, you could see that the ruts were at about 30 degree angle to the direction of travel. I was able to release my brake and steer into it just as it caught and lurched me over the edge. I remember thinking that hill was gonna get somebody, and logged it in my mind for lap 2.

Thanks for info Jimmie....best of wishes to the healing rider. ?

Thanks to the Stumpjumpers for putting on two great events!! The course was very fast and I had a awsome time in the enduro cross section. I got stuck in a mudhole once and bent my rear brake rotor in the rock garden, but it was well worth it ?

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear about the injured rider. Things can go south really fast for any rider and even faster with serious speed that many of these riders carry.

I had a great time (no dust on the 1st day, most soil, fast course) apart from getting caught in the same mudhole twice for a combined minimum of 20 minutes...once on the 1st lap and once on the 4th lap. After everyone passed me in the mudhole, I was able to pass a bunch of people back...especially in the Enduro X section. Although it was my first time doing anything like it, I enjoyed all the obsticles very much. The 1st lap through was pure carnage. People were intimidated by the tractor trailer tires. I was too, but I was able to squid my way through. The rocky boulder turn section was the hardest section for me. After that things spread out and it got easier and easier with every lap. I ended finishing 5th out of 19 in the Senior C class.

The 2nd day was dusty and didn't include the mudholes. The course loosened up with long sketchy stretches of soft sandy sections (whoops included), which are hard to ride when you're wet-sider. I did 4 laps and bettered my time by more than 20 minutes for 4th place out of 14. The hardest thing for me to wrap my brain around is going fast when you can't see well in the dust or tall grass at the start of the race. I'm sore today, but had a blast.

One note on sandbagging...no one who can do 6 laps in the short cource should be in Open C Class...PERIOD! Only one other rider in the Sportsman Class (the appropriate class) was able to do 5 laps, let alone 6. Maybe that was a misprint?!?!

• Like 1

For my first attempt at the Off-Road Series, I am riding the long course in Vet B. I did better than I thought I would and placed 1st on Sat. and 2nd on Sun. Surprised that I didn't notice you out there either. Are you going to do any enduro's?

Good job on stepin it up on Sunday!

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear about the injured rider. Things can go south really fast for any rider and even faster with serious speed that many of these riders carry.

I had a great time (no dust on the 1st day, most soil, fast course) apart from getting caught in the same mudhole twice for a combined minimum of 20 minutes...once on the 1st lap and once on the 4th lap. After everyone passed me in the mudhole, I was able to pass a bunch of people back...especially in the Enduro X section. Although it was my first time doing anything like it, I enjoyed all the obsticles very much. The 1st lap through was pure carnage. People were intimidated by the tractor trailer tires. I was too, but I was able to squid my way through. The rocky boulder turn section was the hardest section for me. After that things spread out and it got easier and easier with every lap. I ended finishing 5th out of 19 in the Senior C class.

The 2nd day was dusty and didn't include the mudholes. The course loosened up with long sketchy stretches of soft sandy sections (whoops included), which are hard to ride when you're wet-sider. I did 4 laps and bettered my time by more than 20 minutes for 4th place out of 14. The hardest thing for me to wrap my brain around is going fast when you can't see well in the dust or tall grass at the start of the race. I'm sore today, but had a blast.

One note on sandbagging...no one who can do 6 laps in the short cource should be in Open C Class...PERIOD! Only one other rider in the Sportsman Class (the appropriate class) was able to do 5 laps, let alone 6. Maybe that was a misprint?!?!

It was a misprint he was 2nd OA to Justin Ruth in the sportsman class.

Good to hear that was a misprint.

Ken, awesome job! Did you do 6 or 7 laps? If I did the long course, I wouldn't have been able to do the 2nd day of racing. I might have better results in the long course just because of my fitness. I'm thinking about doing some of the Enduros.

Is RhinofromWA taking pictures, but also several others. Anyone have any photos or know of anyone who took a bunch?

I

I think he is at the D100 site this week might have to wait until after

Edited by Tom2smoker

Is RhinofromWA taking pictures, but also several others. Anyone have any photos or know of anyone who took a bunch?

my trailer is blocked by a gravel hill, but I am sitting right next to the hot spot right now and loading pics. It will take awhile... I am throwing most of them up and we will see how long my battery lasts. ?