New 2011 WR450

Picking up a new '11 450 on Friday after work. No time to do all the free mods, gonna ride Saturday morning. Plan to cut throttle stop and then brake it in for a few hours. Anything else that is a must do? Will gerase it properly in the near future. got a smashing deal so I had to jump in with both feet.

Condrats on the oh eleven bike !! Just picked one up myself got a smokin deal on it also, My bike ran like crap couldnt even keep it running that well and all the popping just drove me nutz !!! untill I did the Mods, AIS removal, Pee shooter out and in the trash, gray wire Mod, JD jetted and O-ring Mod. Now the Bike rips, dont go depress yourself by riding it very much in it's stock form unless you just want to compare the before and after.

HOw much you get it for?

it was 7,000 OTD with free Fox pants, but somehow I am sure I paid for the pants in the frt or set up..... (tax is 8.25% too much)

gonna take it to holister Sunday with just the stop cut for break in. Then do the jetting, air, pee, switch on the grey wire, and AIS but still need to read up on the ais mod.

anydody know the jetting for hollister ca? and if the grey wire can be switched on the fly?

Im in the Bay Area and have an 07 WR450F. I have all the free mods and rejetted with the JD Jetting Kit

168 Main

48 Pilot

Red Needle - 4th clip

Screw - 1.75 turns out

thanks raider!

4th clip down from the top right?

should i pull the stop for one brake in session or not since i wont have it jetted by then and stealth had bog...

Since your in California I would leave the AIS hooked up, the feds seem to know about this mod down there. It doesnt do anything for performance just gets rid of the popping out the pipe. Leavng it on wont hurt or harm a thing you can still do the rest of the MODS with no issues.

thanks guys! I odered the JD jet kit and if it arrives by Saturday will be spinning wrenches on all the free mods (except the ais) and will go bombing on sunday. Plan on putting a switch in the grey wire. any other advice is appreciated.

looking for more help on jetting, spoke with guy at JD he recommends 168 main and 42 pilot with red needle on the 5th. This is slightly diff fom Raiders 48 pilot and 4th clip red needle but Raider's is an 07 and this is a 2011. Any thoughts which pilot and needle setting I shoud go with? Where we ride is say 500 feet to say 3000 feet and usually around 65-80 degrees in temp.

I got a new 07 recently, not sure on the differences but mine ran terrible until I took out the pea shooter in the exhaust and removed the snorkle. I havent done anything else and it no longer bogs and seems to run much better. That would be a quick fix without having to work too much.

thanks, doin' both of those too, can't wait, picking the bike up tonite, gonna do all the free mods and jet on saturday. plan to rip on sunday!!!! coming off an uncorked crf230...

just wondering if the two diff needle settigns with the minor diffs in jet are basically getting to the same mixture or if one is better than the other.

looking for more help on jetting, spoke with guy at JD he recommends 168 main and 42 pilot with red needle on the 5th. This is slightly diff fom Raiders 48 pilot and 4th clip red needle but Raider's is an 07 and this is a 2011. Any thoughts which pilot and needle setting I shoud go with? Where we ride is say 500 feet to say 3000 feet and usually around 65-80 degrees in temp.

A needle in the 5th clip tells me the needle is not right.

If you got the JD jetting kit it comes with some pretty detailed instructions on what jetting to use to match your riding conditions. My set up is a little on the richer side I guess but I only ride in the cooler months and spend most of my time in the higher elevations with a few rides here and there at Hollister/Carnegie. It always starts easy and runs great. I just installed a new FMF Factory 4.1 pipe tonight so we will see if I have to tweak my set up.

Picked it up last night! Sweeeet! She hits the operating room tomorrow for some heart and lung work.

Pull the back of the bike off to do the jetting or just rotate the carb... what do you experts recommend?