Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

How many times have we run into an old man like this while out riding? lol

All he had to do was ask you too leave but he let his depends get all bunched up and got pissy :lol: about it. Hope he has that thingy that old people can buy in case they fall and can't get up ha ha :bonk:

I hate to say this but, if the guy was riding illegally on the old man's land, he has the right to defend it.

I hate to say this but, if the guy was riding illegally on the old man's land, he has the right to defend it.

Umm... not sure about the laws where you live, but here in NC. Its illegal to assault someone for just being on your land. Ask them to leave, yes. Call the cops on them, yes. Defend yourself if they are attacking you, yes. But physically assault them with a tree branch for trespassing? Nope.

• Like 1

Hahah loved the fact that he falled by swinging that tree or whatever it was...

Edited by Elfgren

ignored all the signs and rode there anyway? probably got too close to his still or pot farm

I was riding with a group of guys in Colorado a few years back and ran into a old man that was camping on the trail. He went nuts on us and started yelling and screaming saying we where on his land. He threatened us but never produced any weapons. Funny part is we where on public land.

run into very threatening signs around gold claims on public land, was lucky the miner wasn't around

• Like 1

Had a psycho neighbor that would walk around on public BLM land sometimes dressed in camo and with deadly weapons. If he saw you he would threaten you and throw rocks at you. He acted like the public land you were on was his and you were trespassing. He was eventually arrested and convicted of menancing and criminal mischief. Last I heard he was in Canada. There are people out there who are not playing with a full deck. If its private property then dont trespass without permission. That guy is paying taxes on his land.

I had a similar situation in Montrose Colorado about 20 years ago riding the adobe next to the Black Canyon area, the same area that was Ronnie Renner featured on TV around Delta. I had a friend with me when I fouled my last plug on Dome Hill Climb, about as far back as you can get there and I sent him into town to get one. Unfamiliar with the area, he came back and went through a closed gate to get back to me and about midnight I see him coming up the hill to rescue me. I had an injured leg and could not of walked out. We got the bike going and went back to my van where a farmer held us at gunpoint until the sheriff showed up. Some Vandals had burned one of his vehicles 2 or 3 weeks earlier there. We convinced them to let us go, but if not it would of been a very serious charge and Jail time.

I think in Arkansas, it s shoot first and ask Questions later.

I run into those people all the time. There old and dislike anything different.

All you young punks ought to consider keeping a few things in mind; one, most of you will live to be old men too and, as such, you might find that you don't just go swinging sticks at someone for a first offense which leads us to point number two; I would gather this kid was NOT on this guys property for the first time and very likely had seen this old guy in anger before, ie, knew the owner did not want people riding. So, the point, if you go riding, intentionally, on other peoples land, you are trespassing and you are NOT doing the rest of us any favors. This is where anti ORV legislation starts and it becomes very passionate and fear driven rather than rational and politicians listen to angry old men. So, when you violate other peoples rights you might keep that in mind when you feel YOUR rights are being violated.

Be a young man and not a young punk. The world has plenty of young punks. Be a young man. Stop at the house. Introduce yourself and inquire as to the possibility of being able to ride on someones property. Offer up things you can trade. To help police the area against other trespassers. Offer to help cut firewood or clear brush or perhaps cut the guys grass. Maybe you are a mechanic and can do other stuff in trade. Painter? Make a deal and if he says no, and keep this in mind, NO means no. Be respectful. Maybe come back and ask again later if things have changed or if you know people are still trespassing. Maybe you can help reduce that. If nothing else, you will have been mature about it and that is a life lesson, how we deal with not getting our way and handling it properly.

Y'all are young and that's great but, that man very likely earned that place and worked hard to get it or keep it over the years. He is far closer to death than being a young man and this may be one of the few things he has left that bring him peace and even if he's just some old grouch who hates other people having fun, IT'S HIS. Not yours.

Here endeth the life lesson from old passed down to young. You're welcome.

• Like 2

This is a perfect example of 1 idiot who has no respect, giving a bad image to the sport.

My guess is that this wasn't the first time and the man had finally had enough.

Why would anyone with common sense post this on youtube?

• Like 1

With all due respect to every ones opinions, If I were having a problem with people trespassing on my land . I would post signs and speak to them at FIRST. If that did not work my response would elevate. if the problem continued well it would elevate to the point they would not come back. You can not blame a person who does not want people on there property from defending it from that happening. Lets face it the majority of the people who will trespass will not care for the land they are doing it on IE: trash and tearing things up. I dont want that crap on my land and I'm pro riding to the fullest. Now with that being said, If this were public land and that was just some grumpy ol man or hippie tree huger impeding your rights, then stand it up and make him think 2x the next time he thinks its a good idea to bother you enjoying your hobby. The point I'm tiring to make is who ever knowingly and willfully impedes on another persons rights gives there own rights up, that simple. Just my .02.

The rider says "sorry". Just guessing he knew he shouldn't have been there. Not his land ,no respect. I think this is no different than the You Tube vids of all the mx bikes riding thru the streets of various cities on the east coast with no reguard to the law. My .02 worth.

• Like 1

The rider says "sorry". Just guessing he knew he shouldn't have been there. Not his land ,no respect. I think this is no different than the You Tube vids of all the mx bikes riding thru the streets of various cities on the east coast with no reguard to the law. My .02 worth.

^^^^^^^^^Well said.^^^^^^^^^^^^^