Where to ride in Utah

I was wondering if anyone has been to Utah, and knows of some trails that I must ride.

(Single-track in the Mtns. perfered)or hard-pac desert.

My bud and I are leaving Wensday(10/15) from San Diego.

I guess we will be riding probably east of the 15 FWY.

Salina, Utah would be as far north as we would go. Thanks for any ideas.

P.S. If you could tell me what kind of trail it is, that would be GREAT. ? Or even better yet, anyone who wants to show us around :D

I spent a summer five years ago working for the state Dept of Natural resources as a "Motorcycle Ranger" (Ranger Aide) with a fellow partner. Yes they paid us to ride the endless trails in central and southern Utah! We did work...sometimes. But of all the places, and there are many, most don't even see them unless they're on 4-wheelrs or horseback or motorcycles....my fav area is the mountains and canyons near Monticello. Thats in the south east corner of the state but its amazing. I think they're called the Blue mts if Im not mistaken but you have mountain trails and then down below red canyons. Crazy cool. Also theres Boulder Moutain near Torrey, UT and Highway 12 but its at a higher elevation and its starting to get cold. Wish I could be there. Im in Idaho visitin for the weekend, my XR250R is outta commision, needing a cam and Im moving to soutehrn, NM with only my streetbieks in one week's time.

I would try to check out Moab. While there are hundreds of good places to ride in Utah, Moab has alot of bang for the buck. I just checked out a thread about Moab in the General topics here at TT. Check out the link to some pictures one poster put in his reply. You should be able to decide if it's worth the extra drive based on his great pix.

I would try to check out Moab. While there are hundreds of good places to ride in Utah, Moab has alot of bang for the buck. I just checked out a thread about Moab in the General topics here at TT. Check out the link to some pictures one poster put in his reply. You should be able to decide if it's worth the extra drive based on his great pix.

Moab is a Little to far for us this trip. We went there a few years ago. We are trying to stay more in the center of the state. So if you know any trails in that neck of the woods that would be great. THANX

Mikesbaron, can you give me a little more info on this area.

"Also theres Boulder Moutain near Torrey, UT and Highway 12 but its at a higher elevation and its starting to get cold."

This is close to where we want to ride. My budy wants trees!!! So I told him I'll find him trees. So what if we freezzz are butts , at least we will be in the trees.

I just remembered, I hate riding when my hands are frozen to the grips. ? Thaks for the help mikesbaron.

Yo Dirtman, drop me an email : mikesbaron@hotmail.com

I"ll be on a faster computer and be able to help you out with some cool trails. I don't know the exact trail names because there are hundreds of miles but theres also the moutnains to the east of Beaver, Ut that has some amazing trails too. You could spend all day traversing. Fish Lake is near Torrey too and that mountain up there is good. Paiute Trail and others are around. You can mail me or try Utah Department of Natural Resources webpage for maps. Their OHV Education program is where I'd look for maps since thats where I used to work. Wish I had mor einfo but its been years. K, here I found it!

www.stateparks.utah.gov/ohv/default.htm

Try the Richfield area maps and you can't go wrong.

Bullseye :D You are reading my mind. The Tushar Mtns. area looks good. Just keep going up to the bikes run out of air. Delano Peak 12173ft. ? Sevier Platteau seems to have some nice trails. Thanks, mikesbaron.

Two more days til we leave. Anymore Ideas? You know getting lost can be fun sometimes :D :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...