What Have You Done To Your KTM Today?

Finally installed bark busters, and a 9oz flywheel weight, on my 200xc! Can't belive what a difference!

My oldest removed his clutch, and I belive 5th gear durring a local MWXC race. He was one lap in, said dad, I passed two kids was passing the third and my motor went eeerrrrr, and stopped. Man he has the worst luck.

Today I removed the thermostat and simplified the hoses so my bike should run better, spring went from green to yellow as green was pretty easy to use and miss the no nonsense crazy side , dropped oil , cleaned filter, rejected the carby slightly as per the jd jetting kit as I had a 38 jet and a 162 main jet with a red needle to setting 4 and was a touch rich so gone to blue needle at setting 2 (which is the setting between

Red 4 and red 3 ) hope you understand ! Smells good

Regards dazz

I got back my spare seat back from Fisher upholstery and put it on the 300. This will be my dual sport seat so my rear isn't so sore after riding those longer rides. This thing is wide, 11"s wide. I'll be testing it a week from today and again two weeks from then on a three day ride in the Upper Penninsula.

I got back my spare seat back from Fisher upholstery and put it on the 300. This will be my dual sport seat so my rear isn't so sore after riding those longer rides. This thing is wide, 11"s wide. I'll be testing it a week from today and again two weeks from then on a three day ride in the Upper Penninsula.

What, No pictures???

Gee wizz I have been going hard to get my bike the way I want it.

I had a 50 back sprocket and changed it for a 52. Left the front the same 13 tooth,new chain to got with it and a new rear Michelin XC12 Enduro tyre.Got 30 hrs ride time out of the last one so great effort!

The bike as it stands does 150km(94Mph) Hour flat out and what I am hoping is the 52 tooth sprocket will drop the top speed down to say 135kmh(84Mph) and improve the small flat spots in the heavy sand etc.

Regards Dazza

Hey G Moss can you put up a photo? Of the 2 .Maybe i am wrong?

That trail you rode looked awesome.I think its time for a head cam

Regards Dazza

I will see if I can get a photo up tomorrow.

Thanks on the vid! I like to ride there, good practice, but it can get old. I have had a good time with the helmet cam, glad I was finally able to get one.

I changed up my jetting again today, to compare my last set up to. detailed the bike some, pulled the carb, cleaned it, and pulled the pipe to check the piston and bore.

Gee wizz I have been going hard to get my bike the way I want it.

I had a 50 back sprocket and changed it for a 52. Left the front the same 13 tooth,new chain to got with it and a new rear Michelin XC12 Enduro tyre.Got 30 hrs ride time out of the last one so great effort!

The bike as it stands does 150km(94Mph) Hour flat out and what I am hoping is the 52 tooth sprocket will drop the top speed down to say 135kmh(84Mph) and improve the small flat spots in the heavy sand etc.

Regards Dazza

Which bike you talking about? because at 13x50t to do 94mph you must be revving high!

Which bike you talking about? because at 13x50t to do 94mph you must be revving high!

I work my bike Over but i dont abuse it. The bike was very very comfortable at 140kms hr and then it takes a bit to get to 148kms hour. and a bit of a down hill run gives me the 150

Also to update the top speed is now 132kms hr with the 52 rear sprocket

Regards Dazza

Edited by dazza1968

Quick oil change and a not so quick tire change. I decided it was high time I learn to change tires myself,so I picked up a new Dunlop and went to battle. It's on and has held steady at 11 psi for three hours,so I think I won. Hopefully the first one is the tough one.

Word of advice on tire changes, always, and I mean always push the tire iron away from you otherwise you will run the risk of punching yourself in the face when the tire iron slips, :ride: trust me on this, don't ask how I know, just trust me :devil: