What Have You Done To Your KTM Today?

Good ride yesterday. Six riders on hand. Two of them new riders and they both tapped out fairly quick. I got two good loops in and opted out of the third to stay back and work with one of the newbies. Managed to snag a cholla cacti in my forearm, that sucked but a quick rip and flinch followed by a few choice words and I was back on the trail.

As usual the 300 was flawless, but she's due for a servicing now. Good timing because temps are supposed to hit a high of 112° this week. Won't be going out again until it cools off a bit.

Day ended hanging out under the easy up drinking beer and telling lies. Doesn't get better than that.

• Like 5

Good ride here as well, 5 riders, overcast, humid weather, good gnar equals a good day of riding with great friends. Day was cut short for one buddy as he crushed his radiator when he came un-buttoned from the seat on a nasty uphill 

A little taste of what we rode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__qxcWdBfjI&list=UUVhqSaeXFpbMyLcEZG9_58w

Edited by Rider 41
  • Like 6

Raced another awesome ECEA event . Hats off to the VFTR guys ! Was a rock run for sure. Got a 2nd place , 10 seconds off 1st place ...and a nice holeshot (pic below)   :ride:  the rest of my line is back there just out of view of the pic , green flag drop is by the vee rubber banner

----------------------------------------------------

VFTR_Holeshot2014_zpscfda6d8e.jpg

-------

Vftr_B-senResultsNoNames2014_zps1d78e67d

Edited by avocasingletrack
  • Like 4

When I get home tonight I'm going over all the bolts, checking tire pressure and packing our bags for 3 days of dual sporting in the UP(1 day to get there and another day to get back, so 5 days total).  I've never been on a club ride in the UP that I didn't like and this is a new area I've not ridden before.  I'm stoked, I really need some time away from the office and you can't get any further out of the Prairie dog farm then the UP.

Have a small Wolfman tank bag to stow my camera, so I can get plenty of pictures this time out. 

• Like 5

When I get home tonight I'm going over all the bolts, checking tire pressure and packing our bags for 3 days of dual sporting in the UP(1 day to get there and another day to get back, so 5 days total). I've never been on a club ride in the UP that I didn't like and this is a new area I've not ridden before. I'm stoked, I really need some time away from the office and you can't get any further out of the Prairie dog farm then the UP.

Have a small Wolfman tank bag to stow my camera, so I can get plenty of pictures this time out.

So do you ride around to get up to the UP or do your ferry across? Sounds like a cool area to explore.

So do you ride around to get up to the UP or do your ferry across? Sounds like a cool area to explore.

No ferry to the UP, We take 75 North and drive across the Mackinac bridge, which is 5 miles long.  I hate driving over that thing, because it's so high in the air.  The first time I took my daughter over it, was right after that bridge in Minnesota collapsed and killed a bunch of people.  We're cruising across, my palms were sweating and my daughter shouts out, HEY, LOOK AT THAT CANADIAN GOOSE flying level with the truck!!!!!  I'm like, yeah hun, that's nice.  Then there's the see through grate in the center lanes where you can see Lake Michigan 1000' below.  I'm not good with heights....unless I'm wearing a parachute.  A few years ago, strong winds picked up a Yugo and tossed it over the bridge with the occupant/s still inside.

The one thing about riding in the UP is the iron dust in the dirt, everything is orange.  I've still got stains on my seat from iron tainted water/mud crossings that will NOT come out.  If you don't wash it off, it stains the aluminum swing arm too.  May bring a hose up this time.  Got to keep the 300 looking perty, she's going to be around for along time, might as well keep her lookin good to fight off the urge to buy a new one. LOL  I've got her all set up the way I like it, so a new or newer bike hasn't even been a thought.

There's a guy named Cannon shot that offers multi day dual sport tours in the UP.  He's out of Wisconsin, but knows the UP like the back of his hand.  I hear his rides are pretty fantastic, but he doesn't dilly dally, so have a few years experience before paying for that.  The UP is probably 95% woods/lakes and rivers with all kinds of old two tracks nobody knows about.  Some of our club rides put us on two track with 4' high grass that you wouldn't know was a trail without looking at the GPS.

I feel like a kid at Christmas the night before every UP trip.

• Like 3

No ferry to the UP, We take 75 North and drive across the Mackinac bridge, which is 5 miles long.  I hate driving over that thing, because it's so high in the air.  The first time I took my daughter over it, was right after that bridge in Minnesota collapsed and killed a bunch of people.  We're cruising across, my palms were sweating and my daughter shouts out, HEY, LOOK AT THAT CANADIAN GOOSE flying level with the truck!!!!!  I'm like, yeah hun, that's nice.  Then there's the see through grate in the center lanes where you can see Lake Michigan 1000' below.  I'm not good with heights....unless I'm wearing a parachute.  A few years ago, strong winds picked up a Yugo and tossed it over the bridge with the occupant/s still inside.

The one thing about riding in the UP is the iron dust in the dirt, everything is orange.  I've still got stains on my seat from iron tainted water/mud crossings that will NOT come out.  If you don't wash it off, it stains the aluminum swing arm too.  May bring a hose up this time.  Got to keep the 300 looking perty, she's going to be around for along time, might as well keep her lookin good to fight off the urge to buy a new one. LOL  I've got her all set up the way I like it, so a new or newer bike hasn't even been a thought.

There's a guy named Cannon shot that offers multi day dual sport tours in the UP.  He's out of Wisconsin, but knows the UP like the back of his hand.  I hear his rides are pretty fantastic, but he doesn't dilly dally, soU have a few years experience before paying for that.  The UP is probably 95% woods/lakes and rivers with all kinds of old two tracks nobody knows about.  Some of our club rides put us on two track with 4' high grass that you wouldn't know was a trail without looking at the GPS.

I feel like a kid at Christmas the night before every UP trip.

I was mentioning this trip to a buddy yesterday and was hoping you could share contact info, lodging etc.. We're hoping to plan a similar trip before the weather goes away...Thanks.