What Have You Done To Your KTM Today?

Holy crap that's a wide seat :ride: , can you camp under that thing? :devil:

Gotta be real comfy on the long DS rides :banghead:

Yes, it's wide, yes, I had a lot of funny comments over the weekend, but once they sat on it, they all said the same thing, ohhhhhhh, that's comfy. I've always been a function over form guy and I never really cared what other people say. That frame of mind saved me in the Navy from some fairly disgusting hazing, such as the infamous Atomic sit up. :banghead:

Over the last few years, I tried to stand as often as possible. However, starting last year, my knees were telling me that I can't do that anymore. Once I was sitting more often, my butt told me, ouch, I can't do that anymore. I had to quit riding after two days in the UP last year due to knee and butt hurting that bad. I couldn't even bear the thought of riding that third day, it was that painful. With this new seat, I can sit on the two tracks, it even helps cushion some of the trail trash without compressing my spine. I will still try and stand as much as my knees will allow, just not as much. In 2010, I stood about 85% of the time on the rides and had no issues, but something changed in 2011.

I hear ya on the standing thing, I'm down to 50/50 because of my right knee, usually good for about 45 mintes of standing before the knee gives out and I plop down on my butt to give my knee a rest, after a bit it's back up on the pegs. As the day goes on my "on the pegs" intervals become shorter and shorter due to the failing knee.

Old age sucks!!!

Yes, it's wide, yes, I had a lot of funny comments over the weekend, but once they sat on it, they all said the same thing, ohhhhhhh, that's comfy. I've always been a function over form guy and I never really cared what other people say. That frame of mind saved me in the Navy from some fairly disgusting hazing, such as the infamous Atomic sit up. :devil:

Over the last few years, I tried to stand as often as possible. However, starting last year, my knees were telling me that I can't do that anymore. Once I was sitting more often, my butt told me, ouch, I can't do that anymore. I had to quit riding after two days in the UP last year due to knee and butt hurting that bad. I couldn't even bear the thought of riding that third day, it was that painful. With this new seat, I can sit on the two tracks, it even helps cushion some of the trail trash without compressing my spine. I will still try and stand as much as my knees will allow, just not as much. In 2010, I stood about 85% of the time on the rides and had no issues, but something changed in 2011.

You can always use it as a shovel if need be...

I just bought the exp new for three and a half. It's all you need. I am not worried about it anymore. My wrist and hand gets to hurting on a long hard ride. I hope it helps.

Are you going to do the Left Hand Rear Brake mod also?? I rode a buddies 530 that had the rekluse with LHRB, took me a couple to minutes to realize that pulling on the rear brake lever would not dis-engage the clutch, then when I got back on my 300 I blew through the first corner because I was still thinking the left hand lever was a brake, really messed my up for several minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

here is the Fisher seat on my 09 300XCw.....very comfy!!!!

WHAAAAATTTT?!?! Sorry man but that thing is G*A*Y*! What the hell are doing with a sofa on your cross country bike?

Your supposed to be standing most the time anyways? When I first saw it I thought it was a joke, like you took the seat of a Burgman or a Vespa or something!

WHAAAAATTTT?!?! Sorry man but that thing is G*A*Y*! What the hell are doing with a sofa on your cross country bike?

Your supposed to be standing most the time anyways? When I first saw it I thought it was a joke, like you took the seat of a Burgman or a Vespa or something!

You're welcome to swap knees with me. We all can't be hairy chested super macho men like your self.

• Like 1

Changed oil, new air filter, new plug, new 404&403 tires, new renthal gold chain, forks and shock serviced, steering stem bearings greased, swingarm bearings greased, wheel bearings greased, new hardparts tubo core S/A, new pipe ( oem ), new hiem bearing,and bike is completly clean. My 09 300xc is to clean to get dirty now. Got to ride the new bikes at KTM demo, just let me know i already have the right bike. Will put in new rings in 30 more hrs, and clean pv.