Sign in to follow this  

03 yz250 2t - can somebody please help me!

Ok so i just bought a 2003 yz250 2 stroke a couple of days ago. the bike is 100% stock. When i bought the bike it started up first kick, revved very smoothly in nuetral and with the clutch in, and the motor sounded great. When i put it into 1st and went to accelerate it completely bogged out and felt like it wasn't getting hardly any fuel until it got to higher rpms (after 5mph). I figured one of the jets was probably clogged so i removed the carb and cleaned it very thoughorly. after installing the carb i started and it took it for a test ride and STILL HAD THE SAME ISSUE!! it feels like it completely falls flat on its face with i release the clutch in gear. The clutch and tranny feel very smooth so i am certain it is some kind of fuel issue. i tried tuning the carb idle screw and that didnt help at all. i have not touched the air/fuel mixture screw.

ANY/ALL HELP AND ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRICIATED!!!!!!!!

Luke

p.s. all the fuel lines are in good condition (no cracks or holes). and i just did a compression test last night (great compression)

did you have the bike warmed up all the way? my yz 125 does that if its not warmed up properly, it does need a new top end, what is "great compression" from what you said it sounds like low-ish compression. warm it up for a good amount of time and then try giving it alot of gas when taking off and once you take off open it up and let her rip up and down your riding area a couple times. That breaks my bike out of its slump until I let it cool down again.

ok so i just pulled off the carb again and re-cleaned it. this time using a air compressor with a air gun attachment. after installing the carb i started the bike and took it for a spin. at first the acceleration was hesitant and it bogged a bit, but after about 5 minutes of riding it was running PERFECT!!! :thumbsup: i thought i had properly cleaned the carb the first time but apparently not. whatever was clogged up in there blew out after a few times of rippin it up and down the street.

thanks again for all the help and the quick responces guys. its MUCH appriciated