1994 YZ125 Clutch Doesn't Work, Sticky?

HI. So when I put the bike into gear it jerks forward and stalls(with the clutch in) the clutch absolutely does not work.

I had it in first when it wasn't running with the clutch in and it was turning the engine over when I moved it back and forth.

I tried taking out the locking screw for the clutch shaft and putting it on differently but that doesnt work.

I believe this started happening after I put in some Rotella-T Triple Protection 15w-40 - I read around that people were using that.

This Stuff: http://www.walmart.c...-Quart/14958326

Edited by LittleSeanX

I think I need to let it warm up really well so the plates don't stick? But if the plates are stuck, they must be together with glue because I don't think I should be able to crank the engine over with the clutch in and the bike in gear.

What was the bike like before this? Was it running sweet till the moment you changed the oil? Have you done anything else to it, like adjust the clutch, that could be the source of your problem?

I would try ATF type F tranny fluid and see if they are less sticky. Alot of times you can unstick them by cranking the bike on a stand with rear wheel off the ground. Crank it in neutral...then pull clutch and drop it in gear....rev the bike up while holding the clutch and then start presssing the rear brake....

I put the cable back on and adjusted it to where it would pull correctly and it will actually run in gear with the clutch in, but it pulls a little still. I went out and got some ATF Type F to put in there, its some Valvoline stuff, I was pleasantly surprised when I looked and it was only $2.99. So that will be going in soon. If I can, I will take a look at the clutch basket while I'm at it.

I'm actually kind of excited about this, because I think the clutch has stuck slightly since I got it.

Edited by LittleSeanX

I put the cable back on and adjusted it to where it would pull correctly and it will actually run in gear with the clutch in, but it pulls a little still. I went out and got some ATF Type F to put in there, its some Valvoline stuff, I was pleasantly surprised when I looked and it was only $2.99. So that will be going in soon. If I can, I will take a look at the clutch basket while I'm at it.

I'm actually kind of excited about this, because I think the clutch has stuck slightly since I got it.

If that's the case https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/824749-what-causes-a-worn-clutch-basket-how-to-fix-it/ This should be the remedy

Edited by kiwi86