Sign in to follow this  

TIME FORE A NEW HELMET

looking at getting a new helmet.. looking at fox V1 and agv MT-X... how's the venting on these two helmets??? looking to spend 150$ 200$ on a good helmet.. any more helmets in price range that will keep you cool in the summer??? looks like it's going to be a hot summer.. been in the low 80 the last few weeks. should be over 100 by july?? thanks fore the help WORM WORM

I picked up a Bell Moto-8 on a closeout sale for a good price. It is a nice helmet and is well vented. It comes with a pretty nice helmet bag, a spare visor, and 2 sizes of cheek pads. Colors are a bit limited but quality/price is more important to me than color.

http://www.motorcycl...CFUQUKgodvRWwww

CoKTM

Edited by coktm

Just remember, is your head worth $150-$200? The high end helmets like Shoei and Arai are worth every penny.

You get what you pay for. I have three kids riding. 150-200 bucks aren't worth it. They have fox v3 and shoei. Just saying look for sales on high end helmets or save for new. The fox v1 is not what I want if my head hits the ground.

Hey buckeye fan I live right smack in buckeye county and I have a brand new still in the box one industries helmet in the classifieds next to nothing. Buckeyes helping buckeyes go look at it and make a decent offer I bet I say yes I need it gone.

they all pass the same tests. price does not make a difference in safety, but comfort and looks.

• Like 2

WRONG Just because a helmet passes the basic standards does not mean it is as safe as a high end helmet like a Shoei.

SHUUEY 1  Blue XXL One Kombat hudson $$70 New in box never worn outside the House LOL    is this the one you are talking about??? about 4x times to big.. I wear a small to a med thanks fore the offer   WORM   WORM

are you going golfing with your new helmet? what's it being used fore?

Not sure the helmet matters if he can't use the correct "for" and keeps saying "WORM WORM" like he has some sort of internet Tourette's.

That may be a little uncalled for, but as many bad experiences as I've had with OSU fans I don't feel too bad.

Edited by hothands
  • Like 1

The fox V1 is an ok helmet I wore one for quite a while but its pretty hot does not flow super good. in your price range I would suggest a troy lee air. just picked up a new one off e bay for $190. way more comfortable and better ventilation than my V1. Fit is more important than price no matter what the Shoei salesman a few post back says. I'm not saying shoeis are not super nice and if you can afford one get one but some of us just cant afford a $500+ helmet.

what about   fox v3,    bell moto-8 ,    agv ax-8    thanks fore the link jake blues.. all 3 is top of the line helmets..    (are you going golfing with your new helmet? what's it being used fore?)    { trail riding }   no dealer stock's high dollar helmets  close to me . going to get it of the  NET  all 3 is made of carbon fiber, kevlar, fiberglass   all 3 should vent about the same in hot weather??  thanks WORM   WORM

I just ordered one of those moto-8's hopefully it fits... Higher end helmets are definitely worth the money. I can't say they protect any better as I've landed on my head many times and have yet to have a helmet break on me. Cheap or expensive. I've found the higher end ones to last longer and they are usually lighter as well. I'm coming off of a Fox V3 and it's been a great helmet. It's now 3-4 years old and it's time for a new one.

I wish my wife rode.I tried to teach her once and she hit a building,It was my fault,seems I failed to adequately explain the need to use the clutch to stop.

My personal opinion is that there is nothing sexier than a woman on a dirt bike,or any motorcycle for that matter,especially if she can ride well.

Best scenario would be trying both on. I just buy the cheapest helmet that fits my noggin comfortably :thumbsup: Hard to do now days though. The stores around here don't even stock very many anymore and I feel bad knowing I'm not going to pay their extra phat markup, I'm just wasting their time.

Edited by Oic0