Sign in to follow this  

tired of smashing my foot on the peg when i start my bike

I have a 99' 250 and every kick is just flat painful. I have heard other levers will fit, but will they offer me a bit more clearance at the end of the stroke?

The 400/426/450 kick levers (all years except 2003) will fit your kick shaft.

They are a bit longer and have an extra bend that moves your foot further outboard, away from the peg.

(Note that there has been some discussion that some of those levers don't fit well when folded, so keep that in mind.)

Not sure if that will cure your complaint, but it may be worth a try. Be sure to tell us what you end up doing!

Edited by CaptDan

The easiest thing would be to angle your foot out more. But some guys find that to be too awkward.

It hurts when the peg hits the side of your foot. I try to keep my foot on the outside of the kicker so it doesnt do that. I ride my friends RMZ and its evan worse. If you find a better idea tell me about it. I just bought a brand new stock kick lever so thats not gonna change.

I found that lowering my pegs helped a little bit on my '96. The boot still hit the peg, just not as hard.

I especially lov eit when the foot slips off and the shin hits the peg.

I could not engineer it worse if I had NASA on it. My foot blasts the peg every kick. I am pretty versed in the kickstart yoga moves, I started kicking these things in 1980. I could get by with a shorter one, bent one....but I am gonna build a hot shoe if I keep on with this one.