dear lord im in love

first ride on my 2012 wr300 and i love this frickin bike. it handles like a dream and it has a power of a freight train that is amazing in the tight stuff. i can lug this thing in3rd gear just crawling up hills.. man this bike is amazing... just one question what is the block knob on the right side of the bike by the steering stem( if you were sitting on it) my clutch cable keeps going on it and it just doesent seem right because it puts a weird kink in my cable ?..

Edited by ThumperKid250F

Not sure what you are talking about. I went out to the garage to look at my 2011, but didn't see anything on the righthand side of the bike's frame that interfered with the clutch cable. Maybe you could post a picture.

well i looked in the manual and it says its a steering lock. im guessing the usa modles dont come with the lock because there is just a hole with no lock inside of it. i find that pretty cool they even thought of that.. maybe the 11s dont have it?

Cut it off with a sawzall. LOL. Road last night up in the top secret NY trails after the thunderstorm with the Rambo riders and was in total comand in the wet clay. People were crashing left and right but the old man and his Huskie just smoked on by. The Maxxis EN rear is holding up well and was great in the super slick clay as well as sucking up the rock gardens. Great tire and great bike these Huskie smokers.

Edited by stevekanya

I agree, I have just got a new 2011 WR250. Love the bike once I get it started. No kidding this thing is the hardest starting motorcycle I ever had period. I have had old air cooled 4 strokes that start easier than this thing. Spark plug looks perfect so I dont know what it could be but I tell you it sucks having a new bike that gives you problems. I would take it to the dealer but they are 3 hours away. I mean sometimes after I shut it off and wait a couple minutes it takes 20 kicks to get her lit.

Other than that the bike is awesome. I bet the 300 is a blast in a open field.

I agree, I have just got a new 2011 WR250. Love the bike once I get it started. No kidding this thing is the hardest starting motorcycle I ever had period. I have had old air cooled 4 strokes that start easier than this thing. Spark plug looks perfect so I dont know what it could be but I tell you it sucks having a new bike that gives you problems. I would take it to the dealer but they are 3 hours away. I mean sometimes after I shut it off and wait a couple minutes it takes 20 kicks to get her lit.

well i got the starting thing figured out. you have to kick like a horse and get your body up on the tank. i can start mine in 1 or 2 kicks now everytime...one you learn to start it its one of the easiest bikes to start. good luck

SOunds like a jetting issue, my 300 can sit for a week and starts on 2-3 kicks. Or maybe your float is not right.