Mounting tires on black wheels

You can get the rim protectors from most shops. More than likely any shop will scratch them unless you specify for them to be careful. You will also scratch them unless you use the protectors or the non-scratch plastic tire spoons. The plastic tire spoons suck.

Ive had countless tire changes done on my black rims by a shop. Not one scratch but it costs 10 bucks. But its the price im willing to pay for the rims that all my desert friends hate on. The shop uses a tire changer though, not spoons. I do the changes myself on silver rims.

Ive had countless tire changes done on my black rims by a shop. Not one scratch but it costs 10 bucks. But its the price im willing to pay for the rims that all my desert friends hate on. The shop uses a tire changer though, not spoons. I do the changes myself on silver rims.

for 10 dollars its a no brainer.. like CollinSiR said your gonna scratch em no matter what if your using spoons. Tell your desert buddies to go pound sand haha..

http://stubbytiretools.com/Stubby-Pro-Gray-Grip-Set-ST-10200G.htm

Use should try a set of these and let us know how they work out. I'm fixing to get black or gold excels on a project I'm starting and will be ordering a set of these. I'm usually pretty careful but even the best tire changer is going to slip once or twice and scratch a rim.