First look: 2012 Rinaldi factory Yamaha´s on display...

Back to blue....somewhat at least. ?

David Philippearts and Steven Frossards factory bikes for the upcoming GP season.

First GP next weekend, Valkensward.

P20120330195947450.jpg

P20120330195815919.jpg

Hope the 2012 GP season gets a little more exciting than the -12 AMA SX season.

Yamaha rider Frossard looks to be one of the favorits going in to the season, winning the international Italian MX championship last weekend, beating many top names including 5 time world champ Antonio Cairoli.

A look at one of the rounds of the italian mx championship: (love the sound of those Rinaldi Yamaha´s ! )

If I was Yamaha I would not be happy with that look. Racing is a marketing excercise. If the bike brand cannot be identified on the track the money is wasted. The green Monster logo makes it look like a black Kawasaki.

At least there is some blue on it now. From 2008 to 2011 it was all black.

If I was Yamaha I would not be happy with that look. Racing is a marketing excercise. If the bike brand cannot be identified on the track the money is wasted. The green Monster logo makes it look like a black Kawasaki.

But the backwards engine, frame, the yamalube logo on the swingarm, and the Yamaha logo's on the forks make it look like a Yamaha ?

But the backwards engine, frame, the yamalube logo on the swingarm, and the Yamaha logo's on the forks make it look like a Yamaha ?

Well I don't think George is coming outta left field with that comment. Look at how all the contigencies were written up: You had to run manufacturer colored plastic (or usually at least the front fender) to be awarded any pay-back. It makes sense. Either way, I am a big fan of these bikes and the blue is a nice touch.