TCR wheel building and anodizing?

Haven't been on this site in a while. Finally getting ready to tear into the RM250 I bought. Really wanting to get some black or gold wheels on the bike after I get the frame powdercoated. Just curious if anyone has ever used the mentioned company? They have a racer package where they anodize your stock wheels(your choice of color), turn down and polish the stock hubs, then lace up the wheel. Runs about 500.00 plus what it cost to ship there and back. Seem's like a really good price when you look at some of the high end complete wheel and hub sets. I know I've read some good things about them on a few magazine sites but wanted to ask on here to see if anyone has had any work done by them. Thanks

all they really are doing is anodizing your rims and miling the casting marks off the hubs....they reuse your old spokes, unless u buy new ones....used rims, used stock spokes....not worth 500.

i just did my wheels with pro series rim and spike kit...i did my own lacing but had them trued...by the time i was done with that and buying new wheel bearings...for about 100 bucks more i could have bought all new wheels, like the rad mfg. sets on ebay or dna wheels even cheaper.....

just a thought.

Troy at TCR does top notch wheel builds. He used to (not sure if still does) build many wheel sets for some Factory teams. I belive a few big teams are using his hubs also. He still sets up at a lot of the local/ big races in the area. Great pricing everyday if you walk in and need specific parts/ tires. I just drove across town on my lunch and picked up a new B-stone 403 for my RM last week ($62 I think)

But I'd go in every week just to look at Mike Larocco's factory #5 Cr 250 in the lobby.. similar to this pic (the red hubs and tripple clamps are sweet)

s780_GY5L6344.jpg?1294257991

--- I think his is a newer frame and different graphics?

Edited by newmxvet

I appreciate the replies. I don't consider the factory wheels and hubs inferior. I just can't justify spending 2grand on wheels and hubs when I only paid 2 grand for the bike. I'm not trying to bling it out either. Just going for a certain look that I have in mind. Too be honest after doing some research I'm almost convinced to leave the stockers on for now and just put that money in the engine.