Mounting an FMF TI Powercore but clamp is too large in diameter

The power core fits great to the stock header but the stock clamp that holds the mufffler to the header is too large of diameter and will not tighten. The clamp that came with the pipe (used) is also too big. Any suggestions? The fit of the muffler to the header pipe is nice and tight but there is not way to get the clamp to tighten down enough.

The power core fits great to the stock header but the stock clamp that holds the mufffler to the header is too large of diameter and will not tighten. The clamp that came with the pipe (used) is also too big. Any suggestions? The fit of the muffler to the header pipe is nice and tight but there is not way to get the clamp to tighten down enough.

I have had the TI Powercore on my bike from day 1 (2007). Mine didn't come with a clamp just a collar that goes inside the muffler section then slips over the stock header. Like you said, a real tight fit.

I have had the TI Powercore on my bike from day 1 (2007). Mine didn't come with a clamp just a collar that goes inside the muffler section then slips over the stock header. Like you said, a real tight fit.

OK that is what I thought it would be but I was nervous installing without the clamp even though it was very tight and I used high temp silicone also.