Sign in to follow this  

Help, need any replacement forks for a 2000 kx

I made the mistake of adding fork oil through the air bleeder screw in hopes of offsetting some oil that has leaked out from a worn fork seal. My forks now clank internally when they compress/rebound. The cost for a local shop to work on my suspension will be comparable to the price of another set of forks on ebay.

What other forks will fit directly to my 2000 kx 125? I've been searching for the direct year replacement, but am not finding much.

If I knew the lower and upper clamping diameters of teh fork tubes, I could ultimately just find another bike that has fork tubes with the same clamping diameters. (I can figure out the front wheel fitament once i figure out a model fork that will swap)

any one here have this information and willing to share it?

Thank you in advance

Adding oil through the top would not cause the problem you describe - it could be something as simple as a broken spring.

Working on forks isn't hard at all IMO - I do it all the time with no special tools, just an impact wrench and the allen to spin the compression stack out. There are plenty of videos on youtube on fork maintenance -

You won't know what you're getting from ebay either, who knows what's been done to someone else's forks - spring changes, revalves, pitted lower tubes and general wear. Not the way to go unless you're taking them apart to rebuild and setup anyway.

I have a set of 2001 kx125 forks in the classifieds right now.