Sign in to follow this  

Best motorcycle movie ever?

Ok not exactly a movie and not exactly a dirt bike, but who here was alive and actually remembers seeing this in prime time, it is kinda obscure as a motorcycle themed TV show that only lasted 1 season in 1985 (for obvious reasons)

Street Hawk (think Knight Rider only with a motorcycle, as a matter of fact the premise is almost a carbon copy) only "Jesse Mach" (main character/hero) raced motocross as part of his back story.

Supercross. I used to watch it every day, and I still love it, I know every line and word off by heart haha.

That bike in Street Hawk looks like a modern dual sport, kinda funny.

That bike in Street Hawk looks like a modern dual sport, kinda funny.

Well it is an all terrain attack motorcycle :banghead: A quick wikki search (take it with a grain of salt) says that it is based around an XR500 and the stunt bikes were CR250's (1984)

I am suprised that The Great Escape was not mentioned. The final scenes where Steve McQueen on a motorcycle being chased by nazis-epic! Besides for the chase scene probably one of the best movies ever made.

Also who remembers the terminatior 2, Arnold Schwarzenegger on the harley, and the kid on a CR80 being chased by the T1000 in the semi truck.

Also who remembers the terminatior 2, Arnold Schwarzenegger on the harley, and the kid on a CR80 being chased by the T1000 in the semi truck.

The problem with that (for me at least) is they dubbed over his XR100 with a CR80 (or other small 2 stroke) sound and ruined it. He apprently had 7 or 8 speeds on that thing. :banghead: I'm a 2-stroke guy too, but I hate it when they do that crap. Same goes for that crap movie Torque. They dub over the sweet sound of a Honda RC51 (v-twin) with a inline 4 sound.

Edited by dhdrider
  • Like 2

The problem with that (for me at least) is they dubbed over his XR100 with a CR80 (or other small 2 stroke) sound and ruined it. He apprently had 7 or 8 speeds on that thing. :banghead: I'm a 2-stroke guy too, but I hate it when they do that crap. Same goes for that crap movie Torque. They dub over the sweet sound of a Honda RC51 (v-twin) with a inline 4 sound.

I was going to mention that, she must have been a prototype Honda was testing with the new dual 10 speed gear box :thumbsup:. Besides the sound dubbing it was a pretty good chase scene.

"Winners take all" that's the name!!!!!!! You guys have to watch this movie, its the best dirtbike movie ever!!!!! Team hurricane!!! That was the crazy looking factory team!!! Yall rent or YouTube this movie, its awesome! Alot of the old Supercross stars are on it too!!

+1 for Winners Take All as being the best dirt bike movie ever. You'll probably get a kick out of this:

http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/04/28/privateer-profile-greg-crater

• Like 1

O.K. not really a movie, it's a documentary and not about dirt bikes but MotoGP. "Faster" is one of my favorites. Here it is on Vimeo. Troy341

I'm totally with you on that.

Any Given Sunday is a classic. Good ol' MSR.

Isn't that a football movie, directed by Oliver Sone? Haha I kid, I know what you meant.

another vote for ":On Any Sunday" and "On Any Sunday 2"

This is the best one