Sign in to follow this  

California Is the CA DMV getting better ?

One of my KTM registrations showed up and one did not. I have dreaded the waiting in line to go buy a replacement tag.

So with little hope I tried the DMV website... got a toll free number... dialed some number for a phone technician... got a recorded message saying that I can hold for 56 minutes or use their call back system (not loosing my place in line)... so I did.

In an hour I got the call back... lady was on the line immediately... took 4 minutes to tell her my story and she mailed me a new registration card and 2013 tag... no charge... and thanked me !

Who woulda thunk ?

• Like 1

I have had good experiences via telephone with them. I like the DMV. I with my elitist attitude love watching the ignant in mile long lines get irritated when I walk in then out in 5 minutes with an appointment :banghead:

• Like 1

I found out its hit or miss with the DMV, all depends who you get. But they seem to know more than the person behind the counter. I did get more info from the person on the phones verses in person.

I have had good experiences via telephone with them. I like the DMV. I with my elitist attitude love watching the ignant in mile long lines get irritated when I walk in then out in 5 minutes with an appointment :banghead:

For sure... My last bike I was in and out in 10 minutes. Another good trick - you can watch the queue length for your local DMV on the web site. I have see the wait in the 5-10 minute range some times. Tried it one time with no apointment and the wait was as advertised on the web site.

Two years go I walkedin at 5 minutes to 5:00 on Christmas eve and was back out the door before they locked up.

It was great to walk right in and up to the counter, get my replacement sticker and be gone.

I found out its hit or miss with the DMV, all depends who you get. But they seem to know more than the person behind the counter. I did get more info from the person on the phones verses in person.

I've had the same experience. I much prefer going to AAA than to a local DMV, but sometimes AAA can't do what you need for you.

I've had the same experience. I much prefer going to AAA than to a local DMV, but sometimes AAA can't do what you need for you.

I waited an hour+ in AAA not too long ago. I guess Saturday is a bad time to go. Are they doing any OHV stuff now?

I heard they just started doing OHV, that right there should make you join AAA.

One of my KTM registrations showed up and one did not. I have dreaded the waiting in line to go buy a replacement tag.

So with little hope I tried the DMV website... got a toll free number... dialed some number for a phone technician... got a recorded message saying that I can hold for 56 minutes or use their call back system (not loosing my place in line)... so I did.

In an hour I got the call back... lady was on the line immediately... took 4 minutes to tell her my story and she mailed me a new registration card and 2013 tag... no charge... and thanked me !

Who woulda thunk ?

Replacement tags arrived today as promised !

Over the past 6 months i've been to the dmv 5 times, takes about ~10 minutes with appointment, ~15 without,, they have really changed round here! (Lancaster)