Sign in to follow this  

what oil? 2010 crf250r

What oil do you use in your crf? can i use the same oil on both sides? also how much and how often? cheers

I use 10w40 in both sides and change between 5-10 hours (The less hours the better though obviously !), i did try a lot of oils and had problems with a few in the transmission (I couldn't shift gears as smoothly)

"Rock Oil Guardian" is what i use, and will continue to use it

I am a bit extreme, my 450 and my sons 250 get a new filter and Rottela oil change after each ride. The motors are tracked with hour meters but the oil/filter is changed after each ride. We have been doing this for years and never had a motor fail on us.

Engine gold bottle with red cap of honda 10w-40

Tranny: Red bottle Honda

I change the oils and oil filter every 5 hours

I have 140 hours on my 07 and 31 on my 2012 with no engine problems ever exept some false neutrals on the 2012 every now and then.

Honda GN4 10-40 in the motor. I change the oil and filter about every 4 hours. Motul Transoil Expert 10-40 in the transmission. I change that about every 6 hours.

Rotella 15w-40 on the tranny side and mobil 1 15w-50 in the engine. Never had any motor failures or clutch issues on any of my 4 strokes and I can get it all locally.

Engine gold bottle with red cap of honda 10w-40

Tranny: Red bottle Honda

I change the oils and oil filter every 5 hours

I have 140 hours on my 07 and 31 on my 2012 with no engine problems ever exept some false neutrals on the 2012 every now and then.

I second that. I use both those oils, with a stainless steel oil filter. 190 hrs on stock crank and second piston. Runs like a champ.

• Like 1

What oil do you use in your crf? can i use the same oil on both sides? also how much and how often? cheers

This is like asking what food people lik or how they cook their steaks.

I use gold honda bottle HP4M in engine

Red bottle honda tranny in transmission

On my yamaha I used Motul and Motul 2 stroke tranny.

Sometimes I have used Motul in my honda the full synthetic 10 40 and even Bel Ray tranny in the transmission.

I change every race and every two trail rides along with the filter so the oil is not even as dirty as my streetbike after 3k.

Basically I am a Rotella user, but I have to give credit to Amsoil, I never used it, but buddy of mine has an 08 CRF450R with 192 hrs on it, at 120hrs the crank and piston was replaced, no head work, so recently the bike got hard to start, I was thinking at that many hours the valve guides were going to be worn, when I got it apart, I was surprised the guides were well within specs, I installed a new Kibblewhite spring set and SS valves. so far it sounds nice going to run the bike over the weekend, so a big plus for Amsoil.

Chet

2012 crf250r manual states engine oil every 2.5 hours. Trans every 10 hours wow! I change every 2 hours and it looks really dirty.

I use HP4M engine side and GN4 trans side now. But always honda products. Was using HP trans for a bit.

Oil change every 2 rides

Trans and oil filter every 4 rides

(usually a ride is 2-3 hours)

I never leave the bike running when it isn't moving and check valves every 20 hours.

I use John Deere Plus 50 2... 15w40 in both sides, and I change oil and filter in both every two rides. Which is about 4 to 5 hours of off road hill climbing and a lot of first gear technical climbing...