Case Saver with 15 tooth Front Sprocket?

I put a 15 tooth front sprocket on my 02 WR426. It rubs the rubber swing arm guard a little but I can work around that. The chain guide part of the cover doen't allow it to be re-installed but I read if the slot the mounting holes 1mm it will go back on.

Does anyone know if a case saver will fit when running a 15 tooth??

-Don

Edited by byggd

If it is the stock case saver, it will fit no problem. I used one on my 2002wr426. I also use a 16t. In order to use it, I had to grind off a small amount of the case saver so it would not rub. With the 16t tooth sprocket, it also rubbed the plastic swingarm protector but after a few rides it wore the groove down enough that it was not a problem anymore. I have been using the 16 tooth for about 4,000 miles with no problem. You cannot go bigger than that because of clearance problems where it would hit the case where the clutch arm is located in front of the sprocket. So long story short, 15t will work!

Do you mean the stock one? Or are you talking aftermarket, like the TM designs one?
Sorry I should have been more clear. I'm asking if after market units will fit.

If it is the stock case saver, it will fit no problem. I used one on my 2002wr426. I also use a 16t. In order to use it, I had to grind off a small amount of the case saver so it would not rub. With the 16t tooth sprocket, it also rubbed the plastic swingarm protector but after a few rides it wore the groove down enough that it was not a problem anymore. I have been using the 16 tooth for about 4,000 miles with no problem. You cannot go bigger than that because of clearance problems where it would hit the case where the clutch arm is located in front of the sprocket. So long story short, 15t will work!

Strange, my stock unit will not re-install without the metal part hitting the chain.

They are just a bit tricky to get lined up correctly. Just grid a little away where it rubs if it hits but it should clear easily. It did on mine with the 15t.

Thanks. I'll give that a go. I was just wondering if the after market units (if they fit with a 15 tooth) are stronger and offer more protection.

Just a follow up. My bad, the stock unit does fit. ? I was trying to put the metal part, plastic part and the screws in as a unit and it was hitting. Then I realized if I set the metal part in place and THEN install the plastic part it installs just fine :banghead: