Sign in to follow this  

never seen one, have you?

i have the chance to get back on a cr250. this feller has one that he bought new in 2003. it was an 01 leftover. the bike was hanging in the showroom and was decked out. on the frame sticker it says 2001 cr250r special. on the bottom of the forks it says showa custom 225. it came from the showroom with factory honda hand guards, fmf gnarly pipe with fmf power core silencer. it has the team honda graphics on it as well. my question is, what is cr250r special, and what is showa custom 225? is this set up for trails or motocross? any info on this bike would be helpful. thanks

ps. this bike is mint. he just changed the factory rear tire. not a scratch on it. can you say EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I don't know? Though I have a similar story which may not be as exiting, but wait for it...went into Suzuki YESTERDAY and they had an '08 RM250 on the floor BRAND NEW! What the f**k? If I was a rich man I'd have snapped that up right then and there.

Please explain.

i have the chance to get back on a cr250. this feller has one that he bought new in 2003. it was an 01 leftover. the bike was hanging in the showroom and was decked out. on the frame sticker it says 2001 cr250r special. on the bottom of the forks it says showa custom 225. it came from the showroom with factory honda hand guards, fmf gnarly pipe with fmf power core silencer. it has the team honda graphics on it as well. my question is, what is cr250r special, and what is showa custom 225? is this set up for trails or motocross? any info on this bike would be helpful. thanks

ps. this bike is mint. he just changed the factory rear tire. not a scratch on it. can you say EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! LOL

If he bought it new he will/should have the owners manual. That should have all the info you need. I would bet 73 cents its a standard CR that the dealer added some aftermarket stuff to get it sold. Edited by YHGEORGE

no such thing as a cr250(special). i would have to agree with YHGEORGE that its a stocker with some aftermarket parts thrown on. as for the forks, honda doenst do any suspension building, that was farmed out to . you will be able to tell instantly if they are special by a dark bronze coating on the upper fork legs and shock body. the lowers would either be Ti coated in gold, bronze or black (DLC coating) on both the forks and shock. sounds like someone just added some flash to the bike to sell it by saying (SPECIAL). still a good find if its in great shape...snap some pics and post them up.