2 stroke 5th gear problem

Ohh, WHOOPS, my bad, and also,Yamaha_Sasquatch: WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU BE PROUD OF FALLING AND NOT GETTING HURT, THE FACT THAT YOU FELL IS SOMETHING TO HIDE, AND THEN ADD IN THE STUPID FACTOR?!?!? ARE YOU IN THE SPECIAL CLASSES?Y

im not proud at all. and why hide it, everyone makes mistakes. mine was hanging on and trying to stall out my bike while it screamed out of control. it is my own choice what i wear in the trails. in a serious crash whether your wearing pants or shorts doesnt matter if something is sharp/rough/hard enough to break skin/bones you can bet it will rip through cloth unless your wearing leather it isnt that much more protection. but ill stop here so you babies can quit whining and let this topic get back to what the OP intended

If theres any ware marks in the center of the arch shape or ware on the tips the fork is most likely bad. Its hard to tell in your pics there blurry. Also check the shaft for play. If I were you id put a new fork in to be safe. So you dont have to pull it apart again. I went through this with my 05 and a few buddys i ride with have bent the same fork also. I see this issue come up every 4 -6 months on this fourm.

I have this fork new in my tool box because im shure ill bend it again in one of my 250's. Its a poor design the bent fork and short downel pins make this fork bind quite easy. On this fork I lathe the sharp edges of the shaft smoother and polish the shaft better for friction free shifting. At one time I thought about making this fork out of harder steel. If you round the tips of the shaft they slide much better going in and out of the case halves.

Above 5be in your picture it looks like its wore but the picture is crapy and I cant realy tell. If its wore there your forks toast. the raised tips look for ware there too. The fork should have the same finish through out besides the shaft is pinned onto. It dont take much for these forks to be bad.

Above 5be in your picture it looks like its wore but the picture is crapy and I cant realy tell. If its wore there your forks toast. the raised tips look for ware there too. The fork should have the same finish through out besides the shaft is pinned onto. It dont take much for these forks to be bad.

I agree, the top gear looks wore.

Definantly sounds like transmission, had this happen to me on a wr, same sound and everything and only in 5th, turned out to be extremely worn out shift fork among other things :banghead:

• 1 month later...