gearing up for woods 13-14t front sprocket

so i noticed now that i am carrying more speed in the woods , would a 14t help give 2nd and 3rd more range

That would bit tall for my riding with my setup, I'm running 13/50 or sometimes 13/49.

what's your rear sprocket?

i had 13-50 then went to 14-50 and it sucked, way way too much clutch work needed and too hard to start off it tight spaces, maybe go to a 49 rear if you want a little more speed but its still a close ratio motocross transmission

IMO 14/50 isnt gonna work very good in the woods. thats equivelent to ~13/46. i run 14/51 for "high speed" desert, and swap to a 13 front for trails. like stated, its a motocross geared tranny. i say shift more :banghead:

Edited by mynewcr250

13/50 is stock.

Adding 1 tooth on the front = 3.5 smaller on the rear.

If it were me I'd be thinking about 14/51 or 52, you will pull the gear longer, save your SA buffer from wearing as quickly and get better rear suspension action. The larger sprocket makes it work better as the SA doesn't come into play as quickly.

orings work fine, that's all I have ever run and I've never had issues with them rubbing. Been running RK's lately as that's what I've had kicking around. Other chains work too. A tiny groove (worst case senario) in the case will not slow you down but I have yet to see it on my CR250's.