Looking at moving to the Denver area...

Colorado

The endless possibilities of stuff to do out there is what is making the Front Range area very attractive to me. I am kind of a shy person when it comes to meeting new people, however, I am ready to move to someplace new and meet new people, be more adventurous with all of the outdoor activities available, and ultimately just finding myself (It's a stage that most people in their mid-20s or so go through I imagine).

As for concerts...I hear that the music scene is really good around Denver. I am not into Country music though. Is there a wide variety of different genres or is Country one of the predominant genres in the area?

You also mentioned in an earlier post that there are many gas and oil companies in the Front Range area....do you know the names of any of them? I'd like to try and check them out and see if any of them are hiring. I don't know if it would be my ideal job, but it could be my ticket out west.

As far as music, you're definitely not limited to country. Google Red Rocks Ampitheatre; it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, and tons of well known artists in all music genres go there every year.

Some of the bigger Oil & Gas companies in town are Anadarko, Encana, QEP, Noble, Newfield, and then you have the service companies like Halliburton, Schlumberger, Weatherford, Baker Hughes. They should all have a job openings section on their websites.

Red Rocks is quite possibly the best music venue on Earth.

I don't think I've heard country since I've been here.

I don't think I've heard country since I've been here.

Haha! Good to hear! I did check out the Red Rock Amphitheater last night online and man...that place looks amazing! Definitely on my list to check out one day...and if I live there, it will definitely be a place I'll be checking out regularly.

Edited by MXandSXracer21

The modern rock scene is pretty good here too.

At Red Rocks during the day, on weekends, you'll see tons of people running the stairs. Firefighters, policemen, college and highschool athletes, tons of cute girls. Hiking trails through there, too.

Back on the subject of shooting, I've participated in a 3-gun match with these guys: http://coloradomultigun.com/ I think they host them once a month in Weld County. It's good time!

I need to shoot more. Well what I really need is a wrench that matches this weird size on the AR15 bolt so that I can shoot more.

Speaking of which... BRIAN what was that grease? I'll PM.

off topic, but why do you need a wrench for the bolt?

off topic, but why do you need a wrench for the bolt?

My question exactly...

Thanks for the link for the 3-gun stuff! I have never done any matches before, but really want to get into it.

No problem!

Another thing I do is go up to the Pawnee Nat'l Grassland to shoot. It's wide open, and I set my targets out to 400yds to get ready for elk season. There's plenty of prairie dogs to blast out there as well.

It's not for the bolt really, it's for the bolt carrier key. The gunsmith who assembled it didn't stake the hex screw well enough and I'll be damned if they aren't some weird off size.

P.S. Not that weird, 9/64. The only standard set I had went 1/8 -> 5/32, yay more tools.

Edited by mrkab

Yea, I figured you meant that, and I was thinking you don't need a wrench if it's properly staked. lol

I keep going off topic, but if you're looking for a quality replacement, I'd suggest this one: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Bolt-Carrier-Group-MPI-Auto-M16-p/bcm%20bolt%20carrier%20group%20auto%20mp.htm

It confuses a lot of people because it says auto bolt carrier, but has nothing to do with making an AR fully automatic; just beefed up to handle automatic fire when mated to a fully auto lower receiver. You won't find anything improperly staked on their weapons or components.

Edited by RedRider31

Haha! Good to hear! I did check out the Red Rock Amphitheater last night online and man...that place looks amazing! Definitely on my list to check out one day...and if I live there, it will definitely be a place I'll be checking out regularly.

If you make it out here, feel free to come to the track or the trails with me and my buddies.

If you make it out here, feel free to come to the track or the trails with me and my buddies.

Thanks for the offer! I will definitely be taking up on that offer if I do make it out there since I do not know anyone out there.

Yea, I figured you meant that, and I was thinking you don't need a wrench if it's properly staked. lol

I keep going off topic, but if you're looking for a quality replacement, I'd suggest this one: http://www.bravocomp...20auto%20mp.htm

It confuses a lot of people because it says auto bolt carrier, but has nothing to do with making an AR fully automatic; just beefed up to handle automatic fire when mated to a fully auto lower receiver. You won't find anything improperly staked on their weapons or components.

The BCM BCG is a good choice.

I personally have the Spikes BCG which has the allen bolts staked. So that's another option. I would recommend going with a BCG that has the chrome hard coating on it. Should make cleaning significantly easier as far as removing carbon deposits and whatnot.

Here is my AR that I built last summer shortly after I finished it. It's pretty much all Spikes Tactical and Magpul stuff. The LPK is Daniel Defense and the rail is the same that the military uses on their M4 called the KAC M4 RAS. The optic is just from Primary Arms. My BUIS was backwards in this picture and has since been corrected. I am thinking about building a second AR soon in a larger caliber...perhaps 6.5 or 6.8. Not sure just yet. Id like to go with the with FDE accessories also instead of all black. heck I may go ahead and switch this one over to all FDE. Just looks better in my opinion.

327807_10151066643245188_1861026689_o.jpg

Nice rifle. I sold my bushmaster to my dad, and plan to pick up a BCM 14.5" midlength one of these days.

I'm shooting the old one here.

2591_551088532480_47906746_33492423_2586632_n1.jpg

Edited by RedRider31

No replacement for me, very happy with it, it's a minor thing to take care of regardless.

I should have known, the upper is a Bushmaster and they're notorious for it.

Nice rifle. I sold my bushmaster to my dad, and plan to pick up a BCM 14.5" midlength one of these days.

I'm shooting the old one here.

2591_551088532480_47906746_33492423_2586632_n1.jpg

Nice! Looks like a pretty nice shooting area too! So are you using a 30-rd mag or are you using some sort of spacer to limit the number of rounds to 20?

30 rounder! :cry:

Outside of Denver (the rest of CO), 30 rounds is legit. Inside of Denver, 20+1 is the max unless its .22 LR.

You wouldn't necessarily know, but that picture is definitely not from inside of Denver, haha.

Nope, it's in the national forest right outside of Idaho Springs! :cry:

Well, we were looking for a spot in the nat'l forest and ran into this guy that has a horse trail riding/dude ranch type of business. He said we were free to use their shooting area if we picked up after ourselves.