ktm 250sx racing

I'm looking at the ktm 250sx to race in grass track and enduro in the open class (450 4t & 250 2t). I have a 450exc at the moment but it is a hand full sometimes in tight stuff.

I was wondering if it is a good bike to mix up for a bit off of grass track racing and enduro. I wouldn't get another exc due to the extra weight and I want a bike with a bit more track racing power. would it be good in enduro I know its not a problem on the track. the xc is sadly not available in Australia other wise that would be perfect for the job. I don't want to do many mods to make it better for the woods because then it wouldn't be as good for the track so is there any mods that will make it an all rounder like the xc but it still keeps its power and how would it go in enduro with little mods.

Thanks.

Edited by Ktm445

I use my 250 sx for harescrambles, which is probably similar to what you are interested in. It has been a great bike, and my best race results have been on it. The power is smooth for an MX bike, and you can tailor it even more to conditions with the PV spring and preload adjuster. Although my bike has gradually morphed into an XC over the years, the really key mods would be suspension revalve (depending on your needs) and a larger tank if the races are long (the HSs I do typically last about 2 hours). If the speeds are high, you might also consider a steering stabilizer--it really helped my sx.

I use my 250 sx for harescrambles, which is probably similar to what you are interested in. It has been a great bike, and my best race results have been on it. The power is smooth for an MX bike, and you can tailor it even more to conditions with the PV spring and preload adjuster. Although my bike has gradually morphed into an XC over the years, the really key mods would be suspension revalve (depending on your needs) and a larger tank if the races are long (the HSs I do typically last about 2 hours). If the speeds are high, you might also consider a steering stabilizer--it really helped my sx.

thanks for your help rpt50