Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Baja Beach Bash 4 around the corner.... memories to be made, let's hear some from the past

Wow, I can't believe it's time for the 2012 Baja Beach Bash. I love this ride for the pure simpleness of it. For those of you that don't know it was thought up by a select group of donkeys that wanted to share the Baja with more people. Less miles between gas, food and water stops, no big mile days, simple fun competitions for everyone and just really sharing the Baja stoke as the Amazing Ricardo would say.

For me personally I get a huge smile when I see people grinning from ear to ear after they learn what the Baja experience is all about. This ride almost didn't happen last year as some of us were not really feeling it but once we did commit I realized why we do this.

After 3 years the squirrel award is for sure up for grabs as former squirrel award winners Manny Ornelas, San Felipe Bob and JCR tech Eric Siriton are locked in a three way deadlock for the title in 2012. Truth is I wonder if there may be more contenders, really Mitch from JCR should have been considered last year after his "short cut" through the mud that ended in him taking a 20 minute roost bath......

The memories are awesome, Bako Billy Cotton behind the bar at Coyote Cals after the awards is for sure one of my favorites. What do you guys have that you would throw out there as classic memories? Again we will make more memories for others as we will again stop and build awareness for the Rancho Santa Marta Orphanage/School. Since making these stops other riders have dedicated solo efforts to RSM and others have worked to spread the word. We recently had a fun(d) raiser for RSM and were able to raise over $7k and whether we raise $.07 or $7k it is still a good thing to spread the word.

I know some of you Baja tough guys are too cool to ride with 50 people or spend $700 but I laugh at you all. The commitment to an excellent ride and the equipment and recon that goes into this should make you feel shame for even questioning it. To be honest routes pioneered by the Beach Bash crew and other trails Teem had been holding have become known and used routes after they were unveiled on a Beach Bash and I know all you cool guys use them, ha ha, you guys are sooooo cool!

For us that love the Baja and can't wait to pop wheelies with our friends old and new we are psyched to go make some dust with all who join this festival of moto fun!

We are getting ready for some recon over the next couple weeks and I wanted to ask, what are your favorite parts of the first three Baja Beach Bash rides and what do you others truly love about the Baja that we can share? Even you cool guys can post......

Cameron Steele

Baja Lover

Cameron-

Please excuse my dumbness but, what are the dates for the Beach Bash?

Sorry for leaving that out!

July 12-15 2012 Baja Beach Bash - hosted by Tim Morton, Johnny Campbell and mes with assistance from the ever popular Lobster.... FYI, bringing back the Lobster Trap trail in 2012

One day my dream will come true and I will get to do this with all my hero's. Gonna be in Montucky visiting Jock, Cami, Bryce, Sammy Jo and the grandkids. Wish me luck and have a great ride.

34271_1548989131117_1426744967_31479976_734277_n.jpg

932386377_vyhAX-L.jpg

Defibrillator and mega ambulance supplies donated to the town of Erindera

38261_1549483943487_1426744967_31481632_560433_n.jpg

Jen schooled most, even some Pros (i think she even beat Colton in '10), on the hillclimb 2 years in a row

JenVolcano.jpg

3 years, 3 different Squirrel Award winners. JCR's Eric Siraton '10 winner

38421_1548984651005_1426744967_31479973_6364385_n.jpg

MTZracing did his own thing in '09, so for '10 Jen gave him a Spot tracker so we could locate him

932377868_RMM3p-L.jpg

A treat brought to you by Baja Bound Moto (just wait till you see the new one)

37628_1337728411817_1489340957_30812545_7046204_n.jpg

Edited by BajaBoundMoto

BBB3010.jpg

Colton has won many trophies, but the toilet seat I'm sure is his favorite

BBB3085.jpg

Santa Marta

BBB3121.jpg

This unplanned epicness might have been the capper that makes '11 BBB3 untopable

BBB3103.jpg

Brent and I discovered this on a BBM ride, big fun 'till Brent scared the locals...

july11012.jpg

The most talented rider in the group, entertaining as always...

IMG00103-20100711-1408.jpg

After BBB1 our family visited Luis Garcia in Ensenada with a BBB donation. He is the biker who was hit by a civilian car while racing the '09 Baja 500. His family was brought to tears, us too.

Yeah yeah, so the pic aint so good (actually it makes me look better)

BBB-postrideLuisGarcia004.jpg

How often are you trailriding and have famous dudes like Brent Harden & Johnny Campbell helping you thru a section?

BBB3016.jpg

284929_134028293347609_100002213177777_242447_7284179_n.jpg

BBB3002.jpg

BBB3116.jpg

285254_253740991302568_100000000072385_1119209_6386517_n.jpg

BBB3110.jpg

Edited by BajaBoundMoto

A great memory is when Campbell smoked everyone in the inaugural all-PRO San Quintin King of the Hill…Brian Campbell that is.

Manzana Ron vs. Tim vs. Johnny Campbell, Brian Campbell, Max Eddy Jr and ?

th_P7110068.jpg Video Courtesy of the Internet

And me favorite memory when I parked the Pig on an aloe bushel th_P7110067.jpg

DSC06883.jpg

DSC06884.jpg

All great memories though- Here’s an (E)pic and ride report from the first one in 2009. http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/708944-ride-report-2009-baja-beach-bash/page__hl__baja%20beach%20bash

I can't wait to do this!

Where's all the photos and such, Teem and Scotty yours are epic! Let's see more!

I liked the look of that Spiderman trail. It looked like a tight little winding wash of some sort.

I've always had a great time at the BBB and have some cool pictures from over the years, I'll post a few soon, as I was in Vegas at EDC getting started with my heat/hydration/sleep deprivation training over the weekend. Yeeeee

Here are a couple of my favorite photos

bajabeachbash082.jpg

gotta love the awards ceremonies

Me and JC BBB3.JPG

On the trail with 11-time Baja 1000 Champ is cool

Drop of Faith.JPG

Edited by southcamp1

BBB 2010- fun memory- 11time got caught using the "M" word during the awards ceremony and was doing his push ups when the kid from the restaurant (alcambara?) on day one rode him like a pony!

That. Was. Classic.

A great memory is when Campbell smoked everyone in the inaugural all-PRO San Quintin King of the Hill…Brian Campbell that is.

Manzana Ron vs. Tim vs. Johnny Campbell, Brian Campbell, Max Eddy Jr and ?

th_P7110068.jpg Video Courtesy of the Internet

And me favorite memory when I parked the Pig on an aloe bushel th_P7110067.jpg

DSC06883.jpg

DSC06884.jpg

All great memories though- Here’s an (E)pic and ride report from the first one in 2009. http://www.thumperta...%20beach%20bash

Hey, thems my videos.

mtz

http://s297.photobuc...nt=P7090029.mp4

Blast from the past.

I'm so bummed I can't be there again this year. Shit happens but that's my long story. Your's should be ones of Spiderman trail, Lobster Trap and the one I call the Bush Wacker! If you are on the fence about this ride, do it....really, you won't regret it.

mtz

Edited by mtzracing

We just returned from a multi day recon of the northern Baja beaches that will be home to Baja Beach Bash 4. I am continually impressed with both Tim Mortons lack of push up ability and his ability to make and find trails. After 4 years of reconing we have made some really fun changes to an area that many considered a two track nightmare, I say "we" but really we are just the rock moving team for Teem!

For the handful of hard core Baja riders that have found and are using some of our hard work from previous years I say please respect it and try not to paint rocks, trees and other items to mark the entrance to these little gems. Not only are you dirtying up the Baja you are being a dork. We do say you are welcome though!

This trip we lifted rocks for an hour in an 85 degree canyon to clear a sweet new luge chute for the crew.... we rode through more agave than you can image it took to make 1,000,000 bottles of tequila.... because it's there is why.... "Agave Dreams" is the name of this new trail and I strongly suggest mouuse tubes and if not then slime in the super heavy duty tubes.

Tim had some epic ideas and it meant that we had to follow his battering ram 650 on our little 450s! Johnny and I were a little spent after last weeks Last Dog Standing and the F... ing poison oak that came immediately after it but Tim kept us smiling as I'm sure everyone that attends Baja Beach Bash 4 will.

"For the handful of hard core Baja riders that have found and are using some of our hard work from previous years I say please respect it and try not to paint rocks, trees and other items to mark the entrance to these little gems. Not only are you dirtying up the Baja you are being a DORK.

We do say you are welcome though!"

My sentiments exactly.

These same trail poachers also like using pink ribbon. I wouldn't call them "hard core" until they put in effort to create new trails though.

We did a bit of work creating some new sections for BBB4 fun. This little tree used to be in the way...

580108_488576324493286_638965582_n.jpg

Thanks for prepping and scouting the trails for this years ride! From what you guys have done in the past, I'm pumped, I'm out riding the moutain bike and hitting the local trails in Pine Valley to get used to the heat and ready for some riding. Thanks for all you guys do I know it's not easy. Here's a couple more photos of years past.

BBB3 Sand Berm around rocks.jpg

you never know where the trail will take us, high tides can be tough

BBB3 Toilet Bowl Race.jpg

and competitions are cool

Lets get some riders to post!!

Edited by southcamp1

big props to teem, and team for working on new stuff. (btw, thanks for the call to go and help!)

BBM, JCR and DA doing it for everyone!

Wish I could go, if you are on the fence, commit! It will be the time of your life. If not, Tim will do _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _