Sign in to follow this  

Cannot believe this...

I was riding in one of my favorite locations in CT today for the first time on my YZ since I got it. For some reason there was a TON of quads out ruining the trails..as usual. I got the footage right after I turned my camera on. I have never seen quads down there and I don't know what started bring them around, but they are annoying. I have never "hated" quads and I still don't "hate" them I just wish they wouldn't have invaded the nice trails. Just before I crest the hill his buddy points to the right, you know to get over. Seconds later I move over and I see the quad. So I push into the brush and he just keeps coming, fast as ever. He was so close I had to lift my left leg back to not get it crushed by the quad. Now he did move over at the last second, BUT if the quads were never there and it was only bikes, then I would have had plenty of breathing room.

• Like 2

That's BS...two way trails scare the crap out of me for that very reason. A couple years ago, I had a similar incident with a jeep out in the middle of the forest.....A couple inches the other way and it could have been serious

Edited by 450xDaD

WHEW,that was too close for comfort.That could have turned out very nasty. :devil:

next time bring your boot up to his head-height.

• Like 3

I would hate getting ran over by a UTV on a two way trail. Close call for you, glad he didn't get any closer to you.

I should just let everyone know that these trails aren't marked as one ways, BUT all bikes who ride there know the correct path. Where everyone starts at the Spaulding Road Dirt Lot you go from there and do a dual sport ride 60+ miles into the State Forest itself. I have done it a few times on my DR and I know the correct direction. In this video I was going the correct way, the quad on the other hand was not. I now wish they would mark the trails one way. After this incident I am no longer going to blast through a corner. I will look THEN proceed. Kind of like crossing the street..all over again. :devil:

thats what i thought as soon as i saw him coming

I met a Raptor that in full slide at the apex of a corner on a fairly tight trail, I was on the correct side but the guys machine took up the full width of the trail. There was no where to go, either hit the Raptor, or hit a tree. I choose the Raptor, not sure it it was the best choice but I survived. Thank God I always ride out in front of my kids on these trails, if that world have happened to one of them I most certainly would have been in jail.

What really scares me are these side-by sides and Razors. Because they are so big/wide they take up the whole trail no matter how wide it is. I almost became a hood ornament for one earlier this year as I came around the corner it was using the whole trail. I ride at a safe respectable speed on tight trails and blind corners and and have taught my sons to do like wise. I respect everyone's right to ride whatever they choose and don't mind sharing the trails with anyone. It would be nice though if some of these folks would be a bit more considerate towards us two wheelers before someone gets seriously hurt, or God forbid killed.

I have been in a head on crash with another guy and both of us were on bikes. He couldnt move over any sooner because his front wheels were off the ground. This unfortunately is one of the hazards of riding off road. It doesn't matter if there is a common thought that there is a right or wrong way to ride this trail, it's not posted. I'm glad you dodged it and no one got hurt.

I should just let everyone know that these trails aren't marked as one ways, BUT all bikes who ride there know the correct path. Where everyone starts at the Spaulding Road Dirt Lot you go from there and do a dual sport ride 60+ miles into the State Forest itself. I have done it a few times on my DR and I know the correct direction. In this video I was going the correct way, the quad on the other hand was not. I now wish they would mark the trails one way. After this incident I am no longer going to blast through a corner. I will look THEN proceed. Kind of like crossing the street..all over again. :ride:

Wow... close call.

Sounds like there really isn't a "correct way" if the trail is a two way trail. lol.

Even if you think everyone knows the "correct way," I would still assume people are riding in the opposite direction.

That's exactly why I'm beginning to hate trail riding.... too dangerous to haul ass. Riding safely and pretending there

is always someone around the corner coming at you is safe, slow and boring. I'll stick to motocross for practice and sanctioned racing

for my trail fix. :devil:

Not really sure what you are bitching at the quad rider for. That's what you get when you ride 2 way trails. You'll never catch me on one!!!

MAX!!!

I ride two way trails all the time and don't have a problem with close call head ons. Of course, it is only bikes as it is all single track. The single track trail that the quaders decided to take over and ruin I won't ride any more. It's a real shame to as it was a killer 14 mile loop. :devil:

Edited by SS109

Not really sure what you are bitching at the quad rider for. That's what you get when you ride 2 way trails. You'll never catch me on one!!!

MAX!!!

That's what I get? Good one. Quads are NOT ALLOWED on the Pachaug State Forest trails, but they sneak through at the parking lot. There is signs hanging around. Luckily this is the only time I have ever had a near head on collision. I ride two way and fireroads all the time. First time in 6 years.

Wow... close call.

Sounds like there really isn't a "correct way" if the trail is a two way trail. lol.

Even if you think everyone knows the "correct way," I would still assume people are riding in the opposite direction.

That's exactly why I'm beginning to hate trail riding.... too dangerous to haul ass. Riding safely and pretending there

is always someone around the corner coming at you is safe, slow and boring. I'll stick to motocross for practice and sanctioned racing

for my trail fix. :devil:

Well to strictly dirt riders there isn't a correct way, but me being an EX Dual Sport rider I am used to going in one direction through the trails. I just figure most people would know the loop and know which way is what. At least at my other favorite riding spot there is bikes only AND tons of arrows pointing one way. I wish I could ride track at some point. It's just a haul from my location to the nearest track. Not to mention it would be my first time and I got a strange feeling I would not fit in quite well. At least neither of us got hit. Edited by DR350S93

glad it was not worse. you handled it alot better then most of us. but that would only cause more headaches.

I was more scared than pissed at him. I just stopped for a quick breather and rode off. I wasn't going to chase him down and be around those tanks. Better off to go in the opposite direction and open her up.

i,ve been bush riding for alot of years in many different alberta locations.i have yet to see a oneway trail(except for races of course).

This is one of the main reasons I ride at ORV parks. Sure you have quads there too, but everywhere I ride has very well marked one-way trails. The extreme few trails that are two-way are divided similar to an interstate. Another reason is so I don't have to worry as much about thieves helping themselves to my stuff.