chadwick

Planning on going Sept.8th-9th. Whats the camping rules now. First come first pick for a spot, reserve before hand?

Reserved sites mostly and a lot of area past campground FREE, of parking lot hero's too. :naughty:

Might have to join you if I can sell something on EBAY, Carol and I are saving up for Colorado 4X4 trip and won't let me go this weekend unless I sell something and have the FJ ready.

Reservation are too expensive and should not be very busy that weekend, but probably almost full this weekend.

Edited by old man dave 59
  • Like 1

Sounds like we may get some rain here in the 'Wick area this Friday and Saturday. Weather is saying possibly 2"-4" total, maybe more (or less) in localized areas. If we get closer to the 4", I'll have to go play in the creeks and water holes for a bit Sunday or Monday.

I'll post a report on what happens with the weather.

• Like 1

Sounds like we may get some rain here in the 'Wick area this Friday and Saturday. Weather is saying possibly 2"-4" total, maybe more (or less) in localized areas. If we get closer to the 4", I'll have to go play in the creeks and water holes for a bit Sunday or Monday.

I'll post a report on what happens with the weather.

You know if we get 4" it will be swamped! haha

There are huge washout's going up strawberry hill because of the little rain we had a few weeks ago!

Might try to go Monday though :ride:

You know if we get 4" it will be swamped! haha

There are huge washout's going up strawberry hill because of the little rain we had a few weeks ago!

Might try to go Monday though :ride:

We'll see. Forecast is now saying the heaviest rain will be east of 65 highway, with the most being along a line up through the Rolla area. This side may be more in line for the 2" prediction. Take what we can get.

Well, so far we've gotten about .75"-1.00" in the general area. Nothing close to what was originally predicted. From looking at the radar map, there will be a little more, but for the most part, it looks to be about over with. Been a slow, steady rain too, with no heavy downpours, so hopefully no new washouts at the use area.

Weather Channel is saying 60% for tomorrow (Saturday), but it will probably be more of the "scattered" type stuff. Partly cloudy Sunday and Monday, with highs in the middle 90's again on labor Day. Gonna be steamy down in the woods.

Hi. I'm Dave. I'm new to the Area. Moved to Sedalia early this year for work from northern, IL.

I've been riding Walter's ranch which is about 20 miles from me. I've been going alone and trying to ride with other people while I'm there, but it hasn't always worked out that way. I'm looking for a group, or another rider to ride Chadwick, Walter's, and other local places now that the 100+ heat might be over with.

I'd say my riding style is competent but usually cautious. I'm on a KTM 380EXC if it matters.

Also considering doing the Leadbelt Enduro next week at St. Joe.

Hope to hear from some of ya!

Edited by Entropic

Hi. I'm Dave. I'm new to the Area. Moved to Sedalia early this year for work from northern, IL.

I've been riding Walter's ranch which is about 20 miles from me. I've been going alone and trying to ride with other people while I'm there, but it hasn't always worked out that way. I'm looking for a group, or another rider to ride Chadwick, Walter's, and other local places now that the 100+ heat might be over with.

I'd say my riding style is competent but usually cautious. I'm on a KTM 380EXC if it matters.

You have landed in one of the best places to ride around. If you want to meet some good guys, plan on doing the HGP Hare Scrambles and maybe Trailriders class for a start. Here is the Website Schedule. http://www.hillbilly...m/Schedule.aspx

You are also close to the last of the More Racing Hare Scramble race's too. Great people too, a lot of HGP racers here. http://www.racemore.net/

Use the HGP Forum to communicate for both series . http://www.hillbilly....aspx?ForumID=1

Also the WFO Trailriders, http://www.wfotrailriders.com/ You will find footage of both race series here and info, pictures and Video of most riding area's within 300 miles. To join the WFO Trailriders Web Site just sign in and E Mail me and I will activate you, just give me your website user name and I will find and activate you. This a a general talk forum and show thread.

Old Man Dave .

If your wanting to come down to Chadwick, give me a shout. I'm up for riding most weekend days now. Weather Channel is saying high of 75 both days next weekend.

25 miles today at the 'Wick today. Rain has just settled the dust and put a little bit of water in some of the holes. Creeks are for the most part still dry. Figure if we don't get more rain during the week, it's going to be dusty again by next weekend.

P.S.. Got a short video editing, will YT it and post it here tomorrow..

Edited by OLHILLBILLY