Went for a ride

I went for a ride and made a map of it. I had no clue where i was going and this is my first ride after installing a clark tank. This is also the first time i had a ride on the trails with no worries about gas.

This might turn into a thing i do for fun. Besides doing pictures i might add some gopo footage.

https://www.google.c...58d59465046f4d6

1.jpg

I used Motion X GPS to track my ride. Then i traced it into Google maps. https://maps.google.com/maps/myplaces

If you find some cool apps let me know :devil:

I was using my iphone and Google maps to figure out where i was going. When i got to the campground my iphone had no signal to use maps. From there to the street i had no idea where i was going. I was a little scared but most of the roads run into each other and i could always go back the way i came.

Be careful if you're riding alone.

I am. Most of the roads are gravel and hard packed. My friends either moved or got married and sold there bikes so now its just me. I enjoy riding alone but i worry about mountain lions and pot farms. Both are pretty scary :devil:. I'm not about going fast down a trail but exploring new ones; even if it takes me a while. :ride:

APP is called "MY TRACKS" It's available for iPhone & Droid. I have the TrailTech Voyager & I can record my excursions & upload to www.OHVTrails.net & I opens in Google Earth. I can also download trails that other riders have Uploaded.

Edited by GreenHornet450

Mountain Lions and pot farms....I would suggest you carry a pistol with you on your rides. Not sure if you can do that anymore in the Peoples Republic of CA but if you can, not a bad idea.

Need a CCW Permit in CA to do that, and getting one of those is damn near impossible in most counties, especially near San Francisco.

I think to carry a gun at all in CA you need a permit. No? Not sure about registering them, but that might be another added thing. Unlike here in AZ, we are still the wild west. But yes, it's a good idea if you ride alone. Heck, you could crash, and get attacked by a bear, mountain lion, etc. Here it's the drug runners in the desert, or the old and crazy miners......both tend to be in the places you'd like to ride.

I use an app call all sport gps in my DROID... pretty cool little app.

http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/1695726

as for carrying s pistol....can't open carry or anything anymore in ca. thank goodness the libs are here to save us from ourselves :devil:

myself.... id carry anyways and not worry about it. id rather risk getting searched than go unprotected in the back country.

Edited by sbootsma