Pricing on 2013 KTM 500 EXC

I am seriously looking at a new 2013 KTM 500 EXC. MSRP is $9899.00 and a local Michigan dealer is asking $9499.00 plus tax, title & registration. I would like to get an idea of what this bike is going for in other parts of the country. I have not bought a serious dirt bike for many years so any information would be greatly appreciated. I just want to pay a fair price. Thanks, Bob.

Depends on your dealer and demand, I would try to get him down to at least $9299 for the unit. Not sure on the 2013's but I saw some dealers selling the 2012's right around the 9K mark a few months back, I paid a little over 10K for mine here in NJ after tax and registration - they are not cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2013 KTM 500EXC. I just paid MSRP $9899, cash out the door, and no taxes because it's Oregon. I shopped around multiple places and this was the best deal I could work within a 150 mile radius of Portland. Bought it at Sublimity Motorsports, east of Salem. All the other shops around were either out of stock or $500 over MSRP.

Edited by dirtyjake

• 2 weeks later...

I picked mine up last Saturday; the dealer received 5 on Wednesday and they were all sold and delivered by Saturday.

Yep out here in Cali they are in high demand and the Dealers know it.

$9899 is the asking price and you are gonna pay it if you want one!

I pick mine up Monday! ?