Dungey and Bagget killed Red Bud

I consider myself lucky to have arguably the best outdoor track in America only 50 miles from my house. With that said, i have gone to the this race every year since i was a kid starting in 87. Seen alot of great riders, and fantastic battles over the years. But today however belonged to these two guys. Bagget seems to have a switch that he can turn on at about the 15min mark and completely take over. Dungey rode in similar fashion. having a short lived battle with Stewart in moto 1, and them Alessi in moto 2. I've never witnessed such a beatdown at Redbud in both classes in my lifetime. Dungey and Bagget were on a level today that made everyone look poorly prepared and out of shape. I payed particular attention to Stewart, and he had many close calls throughout the day. Starting out with qualifying. He looked very tight at times, and very out of control at others. There were times in moto 2 when he didn't even jump Laroccos. He seems to be a confused rider at this time. Bagget did however jump laroccos for the first 2 laps of moto 2. Then did the normal sequence after that. Those Payton engines are amazingy powerful, and on the straight sections it's pretty clear, they really do out-horsepower the rest of the field. Can't wait till next year.

I consider myself lucky to have arguably the best outdoor track in America only 50 miles from my house. With that said, i have gone to the this race every year since i was a kid starting in 87. Seen alot of great riders, and fantastic battles over the years. But today however belonged to these two guys. Bagget seems to have a switch that he can turn on at about the 15min mark and completely take over. Dungey rode in similar fashion. having a short lived battle with Stewart in moto 1, and them Alessi in moto 2. I've never witnessed such a beatdown at Redbud in both classes in my lifetime. Dungey and Bagget were on a level today that made everyone look poorly prepared and out of shape. I payed particular attention to Stewart, and he had many close calls throughout the day. Starting out with qualifying. He looked very tight at times, and very out of control at others. There were times in moto 2 when he didn't even jump Laroccos. He seems to be a confused rider at this time. Bagget did however jump laroccos for the first 2 laps of moto 2. Then did the normal sequence after that. Those Payton engines are amazingy powerful, and on the straight sections it's pretty clear, they really do out-horsepower the rest of the field. Can't wait till next year.

GO DUNGEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, I'm a big RD fan. Bagget is an amazing rider but what a jerk. Get a handle on the emotions dude, especially during the race. Saw him at High Point in the pits a few times, just confirmed my opinion. He can turn it on though when needed.

• Like 1

Flipping lappers off during the race, turning around on the bike and waving your arm around at the guy you just passed and evidently screaming (at least it looked like that by his head motion) all while in the air shows he has great skill but lacks some emotional control. Check out NBC Sports coverage at Redbud. Saw him do sort of same thing at High Point on the track. In the pits he just doesn't interact well with fans. Makes him sort of a jerk in my book. Just one guys opinion though.....doesn't mean he doesn't work hard or deserve to win.

the lapper got in his way and f him up over the table I was right there... yea he was pissed. bagget is a good guy.. just becasue he smirks like pres bush dont judge him..

Flipping lappers off during the race, turning around on the bike and waving your arm around at the guy you just passed and evidently screaming (at least it looked like that by his head motion) all while in the air shows he has great skill but lacks some emotional control. Check out NBC Sports coverage at Redbud. Saw him do sort of same thing at High Point on the track. In the pits he just doesn't interact well with fans. Makes him sort of a jerk in my book. Just one guys opinion though.....doesn't mean he doesn't work hard or deserve to win.

Yea those two really did check out. We also noticed that at about 15min mark he would just turn it on. In moto 1 i think he was just hangin out back there behind Barcia because after he got around em he blew him away. Dungey was just lights out, was fun to watch him ride...those guys makes it look so effortless lol. Was our first time going out there for it...must of heard REDDD BUDDDD 2k times, and said it probably 10 lol. But it was sweet. My hope for next year is someone in the field can challenge for the lead a little more with whoever it is up there next year. Still fun to watch though. I also noticed James not doing the leap. Anyhow, track in person is so badazz...as was watchin the way these guys rip.

• Like 1

the lapper got in his way and f him up over the table I was right there... yea he was pissed. bagget is a good guy.. just becasue he smirks like pres bush dont judge him..

I get to judge him however I want, this is America. Just don't think much of folks that can't control their emotions. Not once in awhile but quite often. It is amazing that he can get unfocused enough to lose it and still ride like he does.

I get to judge him however I want, this is America. Just don't think much of folks that can't control their emotions. Not once in awhile but quite often. It is amazing that he can get unfocused enough to lose it and still ride like he does.

I think it was Pala last year when Bagget was crying on the podium because Wilson beat him. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it together the whole season or fall apart like last year.

• Like 1

Hillcapper,

You must just LOVE Barica then! Lol

I do kind of like Barcia, I know he has some emotional control issues and hey, all of these guys are young, I get that. At least Barcia is pretty cool in the pits. I just think Bagget has some anger issues!

It's funny, the athletes we choose to like and the ones we don't.

Barica put a guy in the stands at Bercy this year, probably never go back to France again, looses his mind and roosts a fellow injured competitor and a first aid attendant in SX this year and then has a total breakdown in the interview afterwards. Baggett seems pretty tame by comparison to me, unless I'm missing something?

The reality is, these kids hang it all out there, some have emotions closer to the surface than the others. Personally I love how Baggett rides, right on the edge, but pretty clean. Barica, not so much. To each their own I suppose.

Edited by MediumDriver
  • Like 1

I do kind of like Barcia, I know he has some emotional control issues and hey, all of these guys are young, I get that. At least Barcia is pretty cool in the pits. I just think Bagget has some anger issues!

LOL

Barcia stops on the track and waits for a guy to come around so he can ruin his race while in France and he throws a huge bitch fest during the SX season and runs to the railing to cry his eyes out......But you think Blake is the dick

LOL

Barcia stops on the track and waits for a guy to come around so he can ruin his race while in France and he throws a huge bitch fest during the SX season and runs to the railing to cry his eyes out......But you think Blake is the dick

Where did I say he was a dick? If your gonna quote me at least get it right, really not that hard. I said I thought Bagget was a jerk, that comes from me observing him in the pits and seeing him on the track. I said I kind of like Barcia, he is pretty cool in the pits. Yes he has acted like a jerk at times. Take a pill folks, it's just personal opinion, we all got them.

so if he get's hurt or loss position thats ok?

Edited by Havingfun

Where did I say he was a dick? If your gonna quote me at least get it right, really not that hard. I said I thought Bagget was a jerk, that comes from me observing him in the pits and seeing him on the track. I said I kind of like Barcia, he is pretty cool in the pits. Yes he has acted like a jerk at times. Take a pill folks, it's just personal opinion, we all got them.

:devil:

Jerk not dick......Same thing in my book

• Like 1

I thought Bagget road better then Dungey when comparing to their competition. I mean Bagget was the only one doing Leroco's Leap, and the drive to it looked shorter this year too even when taking the outside line.

Baggett has competition & Dungey doesn't

What's to compare?